Hi Guys and ...........Gals

Userlevel 5
HI to you all and so impressed with Webroot.

It just doesn't seem right how few resources this thing uses.

It must be breaking some kinda Moores law. Less of the Moores Law I guess.That should be funny but now it's on the page I'm not so sure.

I'll just get used to it.

Like I had to get used to late coffee and skinnyies and flat whites all that kinda thing.

Seriously it's great.

The best so far and that's
 saying sumthing 'cause I think I've now just 'bout tried them all.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Wydeloads,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

We are happy to hear we have another happy Webroot user. Webroot is the best IMO and I have tried them all.

Please have a look here at the KB articles of the Getting Started Guide

Also we have the PC User Guide.

Hope you can enjoy the Forum as much as we all do!:D
Userlevel 5
Somethings gone wrong I cannot talk to support and I cannot login. So you lot will have to do Yes I raised a query and yes they told me to call EST or EDT,UDT or some alien time zone. Like I speak Martian. Here's the problem: Went to login to the console and not only did my password not work but the new one that someone - I have no idea who - set for the login didn't work either. So who set the new password and if Webroot changed it do they even do that kinda thing? Shouldn't they tell you first? And why have I got to call the States for support when email usually works for us Earthlings? It's not all bad news. At least the person who messed wid the password also reduced the settings for scan with heuristics to none. So helpful he'd do all that for me. Sorry there's no winkles 2day but I'm on IE8 and there's no fancy stuff to play with.
Userlevel 7
Hi Wydeloads

In terms of contact with  the Support Team if they haave changed the password associated with you being able to access yourr ticket then they will have sent you an email to (i) notify you that there has been a reply to a ticket that you need to look at & (ii) included the nnew passowrd in that email...so please check for that.

Also, the password used to access the Support Ticket will not be the same as the one to login into the online console...that will be the one that you registered with. If you have forgotten that then you can reset it by clicking on the 'Forgotten password?' link just to the right of the 'Login' button on the console initial screen/page.

See if any of the abovehelps.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
HI Balders So you have plan. This should be interesting. Just hope you used that big thing between your eyes. Jus kidding. I'm sure your nose is all good. Here's the email I got from support and no it seems I can't have a new password for the web console login: Hello, The account associated with this email address is currently locked out of the Webroot Online Management Console and may not be accessed currently. Please wait and try again after 15 minutes. If you have forgotten your password or security code, please visit https://my.webrootanywhere.com and use the 'Forgotten Password?' link to reset your account credentials and try again after 15 minutes. If you need additional assistance please contact a support representative. Further details may be found visiting: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact Thank you, The Webroot Team So I'll have to wait and see what happens and yes I can login here OK - but that's all. Oh and thanks for turning on a sixpence for me ................. That was nice. I'd send you a smiley or two but my browser needs straw, water and oats.
Userlevel 7
Well, looks like you will need to persist with trying to make contact with Support via the phone or perhaps our most excellent Community Manager,@nic may be able to use his renown super powers to find out what ails your email account, and why for it was locked, etc?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
AMAZING.

Just spoke to the techhy guys and it's all sorted. Get this they even rang me in the UK and all the way from Mars!

Just hope Microsoft get to see this post.

Boy that would be good.

I'm saying nothing about dementia but it's all starting alot sooner than we're told.

Customer service with these guys is so staggering you gotta be a martian to say no.

What can I say....

THANKYOU

:womanvery-happy:

Userlevel 7
Hi Wydeloads

Glad that you are sorted...and we knew that the SupportTeam would come through for you...after all they are acknowledged as the very best in the business...and that is official. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Get This webroot even makes my ssd  10% faster  and it also improves my PC score.

Userlevel 7
To be honest, Wydeloads, I am fairly certain that it is not WSA that has made the difference but most likely something environmental...and so a coincidence...but having said that one should always take more speed if one can get it...;)

That is unless you have a version which includes the System Optimizer feature and it is the cleaning out of detritus that has improved the speed of your disk.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Balders ave a butchers at this............

Could this mean all files open and close better with webroot?

Today I am using Lucinda sans unicode sizes 3 and 4 with occaisonal IMPACT .
Userlevel 7
Hi Wydeloads

It could be, it could be...but I need to study the details somewhat more closely. ;)

Having said that it is most likely that WSA's scanning techniques are less invasive than those of the competition...but I cannot confirm this as exactly how this all works is 'hush hush'...unless ? would be kind enough to shed some light on this?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Those PassMark Performance Benchmark tests show that WSA has less of an impact on system performance than other security products. I think that it's safe to say that this is at least partially because the scanning techniques are less invasive, yes.

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Thanks, Dan...input much appreciated, as always. ;)