Hi guys, I've just registered. Lately my PC has been running slower or erratically?

• 29 July 2016
  • 8 replies

Since my Webroot scans are good, what else could be wrong? My Internet is provided by BrightHouse Networks in Central Fla!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello mannasage,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

This could be a variety of things. When do you notice this slowness. When running applications or being online?

It may be that your machine has become bogged down/clutter with useless junk, etc. Have you tried running a cleaning app such as CCleaner (Piniform.com) which many of us use here to remove the detritus of every day activity and especially internet debris? Do you have any unusal popups or errors?

Can you take a look at the Task Manager and try to see, under the Processes tab, if there are consistently the same few processes hogging your systems resources either CPU or memory...sometimes when we install apps they have (helper) processes or services that run continually even if we are not using the app, and some of those can be set to Manual startup so that they are only acitvated as and when we use the app that they are there to 'help'. Do you know how to use msconfig? What operating system are you using?

Does WebRoot respond here? I'm new to their coverage, so some help is requested.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello mannasage,

Please look here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Introduce-yourself-to-the/Hi-guys-I-ve-just-registered-Lately-my-PC-has-been-running/m-p/262512

Also you can Submit a Support Ticket and they would gladly check this out for you if you think this is Webroot related.This is a free service with a Webroot susbscription.

Thanks Sherry, I used to use CC CLeaner before I( switched to W10, I guess I'll still have to use same.

Thanks Again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most welcome mannasage,

Would you let us know how it goes for you?

Make sure you set a Windows Restore point before using CCleaner. OK?
Well Sherri, for some reason W10 won't allow me to install CC Cleaner. I ran another WebRoot scan, NO problems reported. HUH is my thoughts!?! Joe Severa
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Joe,

That's odd because I am running Windows 10 and I have CCleaner. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Userlevel 7
Hi mannasage

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sherry does not appear to be online at present so I will do my best to back her up. ;)

What you are stating is unusual. Is there any message or other obvious sign as a result of the install prevention?

If you cannot install CCleaner then you can get hold of portable version which is just as functional as the installed version but just does not require...well, installation.

Regards, Baldrick