Solved

Hi, I'm a new user!

• 22 January 2013
  • 8 replies

Just want to say hi from NH. Having a snowstorm right now, and hoping I don't lose power! 

I'm using Webroot Internet Security Plus 2013 along with Windows Defender.  Loving it so far; it has not slowed down my computer at all. 

I got a new laptop for Christmas, a Toshiba Satellite with Windows 8.  I originally installed Kaspersky Pure 2.0, but had to uninstall it.  I kept getting a message 'driver power state failure'.  When I returned it to Staples, they said that had been a problem, but they thought the issue had been fixed.  So I started a search for the best security software, and decided on Webroot. 

I do have a question about which Mobile security to install on my smartphone.  Should I post it here, or in the Android forum?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 22 January 2013, 06:41

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello taffy, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
I would suggest to post about Mobile security on the Android Forum.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello taffy and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Have you setup your My Webroot Account if not please do so then go in there and click on your Email address and click on Manage Users to see if you have access to Mobile Security? If not go to the end where the little guy is and click on him then click on Access & Permissions Tab and make sure you set access to Mobile Security Console and click Save Access & Permissions then go Here and download and install the Free version from your smartphone after you install you can install your Email address that you setup your My Webroot with and keycode to turn it into the Security & Antivirus Premier version also you can go Here and download the free Webroot SecureWeb Browser and if you have any issues please post back. This is the procedure because you have the Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus. ;)

HTH,

TH

Thank you so much!  I entered my key code and it upgraded to the Mobile Premier!  I'll check out the Secure Web Browser next.  Glad I checked here to get my questions answered. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear and enjoy! :D

TH
One question, do I need the Secure Web Browser download if I have the SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier installed?  If so, is the Secure Web Browser 'Premier' app included in my subscription, or is it the free one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you tell me if it's on your phone already by adding your key code? Because look under features Here as I never installed the free to Premier version but I did install the Complete version which has everything needed if you have Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete. And if the Webroot SecureWeb Browser is not installed it's Free anyways.

TH
I just looked at the 'Security' tab on the mobile app, and the Secure Browser is already installed!  So I guess I'm all set.  Thank you again.  You have been a big help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very welcome. 😉 If a Webroot Staff member needs to add more info be sure to come back tomorrow to see if they do post anything.

Cheers,

TH