Hi I'm new to Webroot!

• 16 July 2013
  • 4 replies

I loved webroot anywhere only I cannot access Google, IE or anything else this morning. My settings are medium to low and those are alloud sites, I actually had to do a reset on my Toshiba (running WINDOWS 7)...The laptop is less than a year old? 

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi and welcome to the community :)

Simple test first off as this isn't common for Webroot to prevent internet connectivity - can you temporarily close Webroot and test your internet connection again please? To do so, right click on the Webroot SecureAnywhere tray icon (next to the time) and select "Shut down Protection".

After you have done this, please try access the internet once again and let us know the outcome.

Thanks!
Eamon F
I did try that. I have factory reset my machine and am updating it. I did reinstall Webroot Anywhere as well. I tink it has to be something with the computer and not Webroot. I have used this program for some time and never had this issue. I did just install it on this particular computer though, so maybe with it being back to factory settings all will run well. My fingers are crossed: Ive missed a full days work trying to fix the issue. 
Might I ask what you are seeing for the url of your start pages in each browser?
Userlevel 7
Hello Spring1975 and thecrunge,