Hi, My name is Carol and I am new to the Community

Show first post

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sounds great..Appreciation for your link and support along with others. .
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello you are right and we all agree that the direction to go is your link posted. So hopefully this will help Carol and others.

Best Regards
Sherry
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the link Dermot!! :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Thank you all for the help  today- I am sure we will get this resolved and Yes, I will post what the resolution was.
I did submit a ticket.
Thanks so much.
CJS
You're welcome cjs. Thanks for letting us know.

Morning Daniel, I got a message from the WR COmmunity Team asking me if my problem had been resolved... and to mark one of the solutions as accepted. Well, as you know, The problem still exists and even with all the fine help- this is a tricky one. I don't know where to send the Community Team a e-mail so I am dropping this on you and perhaps you would know how to pass iton, please... I did send in a support ticket....... Forward!!! thanks, CJS

Edit to properly 'tag' TH.  @ 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Carol,

Who sent you this message? "I got a message from the WR COmmunity Team asking me if my problem had been resolved .. and to mark one of the solutions as accepted" as you say the problem is on going are you getting any help from the support inbox? Also I do believe it's not a Webroot SecureAnywhere Issue so hopefully support can tell you that and seek the proper help from Hotmail now called Outlook.com here is the phone number https://support.microsoft.com/gp/contact_microsoft_customer_serv?&fr=1 & online Tech support http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the Clarification Nic!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
hello Carol

I'm little voice, just to recap, you tried Windows fixit, issued a ticket to fix the problem with Webroot.  You can go thru Windows error codes to see yours, check to make sure all Windows updates are up to date. Mine didn't once I resolved that issue I had it back on key, I know you've been thru a lot sorry, we are trying all we know, Hope you are back on track soon.

Thank you for your time and have a great day 

little voice. 
Hello LIttle Voice,
 Thank you for your message... Yes, you are right, I have done all those things. I am hoping that the Web Root  Big Guys will be able to wave a magic wand... I am still thinking that the problem was caused by a sync issue in Hotmail with sending two messages out and the clock for some reason lost the corrrect time. We were away when this happened but still in the same time zone.

We are getting ready to  go to WA state for the summer so life is a little hectic right now.  As long as I am getting into G-mail ok on that my travel computer, I am not going to fret for now... I will just tell my friends to e-mail me in g-mail.... Crazy situation- huh?

Thanks again.... I appreciate all the support folks have given me....

Cheers,
CJS
Hi Daniel, I am not sure who sent the message. Thanks for the number for Microsoft Support. I have tried to reconect to them thru E-mail and my pass word never seems to work. I have to resolve that too. As I told Little VOice- We are leaving for WA State and This has to go on hold for now... Thanks, and I will be back in touch. Cheers, CJS
Userlevel 7
Hi Carol

Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome3.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome3.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome3.gif

Give what Mike has suggested a go and let us know if that resolves the issue or not...and if not then we will look at other avenues for you.

EDIT:  Research on this topic has revealed the followiing MS Support Thread which may provide additional information and options.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Carol and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I started using Web Root this year and want to learn about it and how to get the best out of what is offered.
My computer skills are fairly good but I still can get stumped by something that should be simple. I am looking for help now. I hope someone out there can help me or at least advise me where to go for help. I use Windows Live Hot Mail and several weeks ago- after composing and sending two messages out- I got an error message, 3204. Can not send or receive... I have struggled with looking for an answer to fix this and it seems so many of the sites that offer support also want money.... It was suggested I disable the firewall- would that work? Any help is appreciated... Looking forward to learning from you all. Thanks, Carol
Hi Carol

Hope that you are well?

Further to your initial posts we have not heard back from you on where you are with your issue.  Do you still have it or has something changed (for the better), etc.

Either way please post back so we know if we need to standby to assist or not.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Hello Carol. Welcome to the Community.:)
Hello Mike,
Thanks for the Welcome to the Community. I am sorry I have been late in getting back to the folks who are trying to help me with my problem. I tried your solution and it did not work. I spent several hours yesterday following this tip and that tip and still nothing... I refuse to give up and I am hoping with the help of some of you folks, I can reestablish my hotmail. Please more help... CJS
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Carol at this time with all the other suggestions didn't work can you please Submit a Support Ticket and they can look at your Scan log and possibly need to whitelist some files on your PC or they can gather more logs with there log gathering tool and they can help you best and please let us know the outcome as it could help others!

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

EDIT: Please see my next post!
Hi Sherry,
Nothing has worked. I have tried everything... I think I have narrowed it down to what happened though. A hitch in my time on the clock and sending two e-mails out which did not go.
I am so frustrated I could scream- I have spent hours trying to figure this out... Trying the fixes everyone suggested. What do I do now? THanks, CJS