Solved

Hi - New Community Member

Greetings from Texas!  I joined the community for the purpose of figuring out why I can't log in to my Linkedin account after having installed Webroot.  I have no issue logging in from my office computer, which doesn't have Webroot installed.  I greatly appreciate any help. 

Best,

DCGarcia1
icon

Best answer by DCGarcia1 9 June 2013, 21:17

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello DCGarcia1 and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I do not recall any others having an issue with the LinkedIn login, so it would not seem to be something endemic to WSA.  Have you left the WSA settings at the defaults after installing?

You might double check the settings on the Web Threat shield: Open the WSA interface and click Settings at the upper right hand corner.  When the settings window opens, click Advanced Settings in the lower left hand corner.  At the next screen click Web Thread Shield on the left hand side.  Click View Websites.  In here check to see if LinkedIn is listed and set for Block.  If it is not listed, you might try adding it here and setting it for Allow.

Hopefully someone else will also chime in here with any other ideas, and you can also submit a Trouble Ticket

Let us know if any of this works or none of it!
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Community! I agree with David and do not think Webroot is the cause, you can test to see if it is the software by right-clicking the icon in your system tray and clicking Shut down protection. 

It is possible that Webroot is conflicting with a browser but it shouldn't keep you from logging into LinkedIn. You can also Open a Support Ticket and one of our technicians can take a look at your setup free of charge.
Thanks, David and Mike.  Mea culpa--it's an issue with my Firefox web browser.  I tried Internet Explorer and was able to log in to my Linkedin account.  I suspect that I accidently changed a configuration on Firefox, which I prefer as my web browser, and that is the issue not Webroot.  I'll have to figure out what I (or my wife) may have changed on Firefox that created this issue for me.

Best regards,

DCGarcia1
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks, David and Mike.  Mea culpa--it's an issue with my Firefox web browser.  I tried Internet Explorer and was able to log in to my Linkedin account.  I suspect that I accidently changed a configuration on Firefox, which I prefer as my web browser, and that is the issue not Webroot.  I'll have to figure out what I (or my wife) may have changed on Firefox that created this issue for me.

Best regards,

DCGarcia1
No worries!  Glad that you have an idea of where to look for the culprit.  This is a good place to be to learn more and have some fun too, so stick around and let us know if you have any other issues or questions 🙂
Userlevel 7
Garcia, greetings to Texas and welcome to the Webroot Community!

As for your issue, can you reset a profile in Firefox? Sorry if it is odd question but I use solely Opera and there you can reset profile easily.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Garcia, greetings to Texas and welcome to the Webroot Community!

As for your issue, can you reset a profile in Firefox? Sorry if it is odd question but I use solely Opera and there you can reset profile easily.
Good thought Pegas!

I am not a FireFox user either, but I have it installed for occasional troubleshooting.  I don't see a place to reset defaults though... 

Do we have a FireFox "power user" who knows this?
Userlevel 7
Hello DCGarcia1, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
Stay safe in Texas, our prayers & thoughts are with all the people that lost so much this year in "Tornado Alley"
Thanks, ProTruckDriver.  I live in the Valley, so it's the infrequent hurricane to deal with rather than violent tornadoes.  Thoughts and prayers to fellow Texans in the north and the good folks of Oklahoma who've taken some hard hits over the years. 

David and pegas, I'm definitely not a Firefox power user but you can reset Firefox by selecting Help then Restart with Add-Ons Disabled from the browser menu.  Firefox will then give you the options of Safe Mode or Firefox Reset.  Not sure if this is what you were looking for...  Hope all is well.

DCGarcia1

Userlevel 5
Welcome DCGarcia1
      You have come to the best security forum on the web today. We wish you the best and if you need help you've come to the right place.:D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks, ProTruckDriver.  I live in the Valley, so it's the infrequent hurricane to deal with rather than violent tornadoes.  Thoughts and prayers to fellow Texans in the north and the good folks of Oklahoma who've taken some hard hits over the years. 

David and pegas, I'm definitely not a Firefox power user but you can reset Firefox by selecting Help then Restart with Add-Ons Disabled from the browser menu.  Firefox will then give you the options of Safe Mode or Firefox Reset.  Not sure if this is what you were looking for...  Hope all is well.

DCGarcia1

DCGarcia, 

That sounds exactly like what we were looking for.  Thanks!  I learn something new everyday here... I hope you stick around so you can too :)

EDIT

I just followed the directions, and it seemed to work just fine.  It keeps bookmarks and saved passwords, but all preferences seemed to reset to initial install defaults.

THANKS DCGARCIA!!!

/EDIT
You're welcome, David.  Happy to contribute!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello DCGarcia1 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. ;)

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hello DCGarcia1. Welcome to the wonderful, always helpful and vast learning world of Webroot Community.

Firefox browser can be reset by going to Help/Troubleshooting information. At the top right hand side of the loaded webpage, click 'Reset Firefox'. All easy and done.;)
Happy to welcome you here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Happy to welcome you here.
Hi Dave and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums! ;)

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi Dave!  Glad to have another one of us here!

David (Dave)
Userlevel 7
Hello Dave and Welcome to the Community. I hope you'll enjoy the journey of learning.:)