Solved

Hiyas New to these boards, had Webroot for years.

• 1 November 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Im having an..... Oddity in the past Month-ish.
  Ive been getting warnings about "something.g.doubleclick.net" I think it was the name. Im not too sure but it was definitely .doubleclick. But i t flickers at the tops of the page and hasnt really stuck around for me to get exactly what the addy is and its warning about malicious content and blocking pages. Its getting really old. It stuck arouns for a time but I was too annoyed to write the addy down by the time I grabbed my pen and paper it was gone again only to reappear upon scrolling down the page a little.
  I guess My question is: If its ad related is there a way to say: "Ok! The ad link thats scrolling is dangerous DONT CLICK IT. Got it thanks for the info!" but does it absolutely have to keep me from seeing the pages? The pages are news related. I DONT click the ads anyways, Never have never will. MSN does it, NBC does it the, Today page does it, I havent noticed it on BBC or a few others yet but really there has to be a better way around this or to get rid of the adds all together I dont mind looking at blank squares where the ads should be anyways.

And my #2 oddity is now My Webroot is saying that Firewall isnt enabled anymore and The identity shield isnt enabled anymore either. In the icon tray on first start-up it shows a yellowish I con w/ an exclamation on it saying the same is not on. After a few moments the icon turns back into its Webroot "W" and shows nothing is up and says "Protected". But when you click to bring Webroot up the little icons on the right are showing the firewall as Red and the Identity one as a yellow-ish triangle. I then go look at Control panel and Its saying my Firewall is on. I also have a second scanner that shows potential problems and Its saying the firewall is on too. so what gives? Is it on or isnt it? Do I need to go shopping to get rid of the annoyance with another program? That would be a bummer since I had signed up for the 3 year special and still have a year left to go, all the other years Ive been with Webroot have been fine kind of liked the last year though no muss no fuss. Now BAM.

Anyway Sorry for the long post and probably in/on the wrong spot/category but ah well It was a bit of a pain trying to find out how to make a new post to begin with. LOL, I had to go the the WR home page and look up posting.
Thanks for your time ~Cyn
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 5 November 2013, 22:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Cynsavatar and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

I'm sure it's still because you have not received the New Web Shield that is still being rolled out slowly to everyone as the the old Web Shield would do as described to some and not others so just be patience and you will get the New Web Shield and you will know when your Browsers will ask to install the new Webroot Web Filtering Extensions for IE, Firefox & Chrome only supported at this time. If you feel you need a system check you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to help you to make sure your clean of any infections.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hello Cynsavatar, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 1
TyTy for the welcome.
Seems that just yesterday and the day before the Oddity-s stopped. And I got the "Enable Extension" pop-up thing too. So I havent seen those warnings anymore about blocking the page. Thanks for the info it was much appreciated, it was just very hard to do anything when it kept happening (Scroll a tad block, scroll a little more block, close page, restart, block, scroll etc etc...). You mentioned opening a support ticket to have my system looked at for possible bugs or something and If I was to do a support ticket to have you all check to make sure somethings there that may have been un-noticed/undetected before what would I put as a reason/need or how would I go about that? Just ask for a check-up for bugs or something? Ty ty in advance and for your time again, ~Cyn
Userlevel 7
There is probably no need for the support ticket, as the other shields in WSA would have caught anything that actually DID get past that first line of defense.  It was a suggestion just to make sure, and give you a little extra peace of mind, but in my opinion almost certainly not needed.

If anything HAD slipped by, your routine scans would have picked it up.  If anything had come in and tried to do anything, the real time shields would have seen it and blocked it...

You should be good to go!

:)
Userlevel 1
Great!  Tyty! 😃