Solved

how can I get rid of old devices? How can I convince the webroot console my pixel3xl is a phone?

• 17 January 2020
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Old devices never leave the webconsole.

Add the new phone and it shows up as a tablet.

Does webroot console actually work?

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 17 January 2020, 03:47

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @joecyberenigma Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum :relaxed:

To Deactivate a device on your Account Console please see this post:

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/how-to-deactivate-a-pc-31240

@Ssherjj could probably answer your question about the phone.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

That document addresses computers.  The annoying devices are a tablet and a phone, neither of which still exists.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

BTW: Thank You for the prompt response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @joecyberenigma 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I don’t believe it makes a difference but it would bother me if I was having my cell phone showing up on my Console as a Tablet and not an Android.

But either way I am sorry you are having this issue. The only advice that I can give you is to uninstall Webroot and then reinstall it again and do a few manual scans. I believe you can go on the Online Account Console and remove your mobile device first before uninstalling/reinstalling Webroot. It won’t take long to do this. Reinstall from the Google Play Store. Restart you device after installing Webroot. If all of this does not fix this issue.then would you Submit a Support Ticket and they can certainly straighten this all out for you. This is a Free service with your Webroot Subscription. Webroot Support can definitely fix up your Console. Make sure you have your keycode for the reinstalling Webroot. 

Holler if you need help reinstalling..please note when you reinstall look for the part that said I already have a WEBROOT ACCOUNT.

Thank you @ProTruckDriver for the ping...

HTH

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Wow.  Thanks for the quick response!

I don’t have the two devices I am trying to get rid of.  I already  created a support ticket but cannot tell if they think they answered me.  I got a reply that says “go to the console and delete them”.  Well the problem I have is that does not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

The funny thing is I needed to delete 2 of my mobile devices when I click to remove it doesn’t remove so your not the only one! See what support has to say and I will put in a ticket as well. And this is a phone I don’t have anymore….

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I sent my Ticket in!

Click picture to see full size!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you Daniel! I have gone on my Online Account Console and I have a Mobile device listed with a keycode and phone number that is not mine!! I clicked on the device 3 times to remove it and it would not remove. Now I need to contact support.

@joecyberenigma you can call Webroot Support during business hours if you don’t mind being on hold for a bit.

Call 1-866-612-4227

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

We will ping @freydrew  and @khumphrey to look into the issue from there end tomorrow sometime!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks to all.  I will call the support number Friday.

To be honest I didn’t spend enough time trying to find the phone number for support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

We will ping @freydrew  and @khumphrey to look into the issue from there end tomorrow sometime!

I am on HOLD for approximately 50 minutes with Webroot Support in Colorado. Really?

@khumphrey  and @freydrew ! Ridiculous!! This is important as someone has my Online Account Console information!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hey @Ssherjj , 

I know that we were PMing a bit earlier about this. Please PM back if you have any further issues. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hey @Ssherjj , 

I know that we were PMing a bit earlier about this. Please PM back if you have any further issues. 

Thanks

I certainly will holler!