Solved

How can I stop Webroot from removing a trusted program during a routine update?

• 31 July 2020
  • 3 replies

During a routine update to a program that we use everyday Webroot determined something was wrong & stopped the update. This either caused the program to uninstall from our computer or Webroot uninstalled it. We had to contact and pay for After Hours Support for the program to get it reinstalled. How can we make sure that Webroot knows that this is a trusted program?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 31 July 2020, 19:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7

We had to contact and pay for After Hours Support for the program to get it reinstalled.

Hello @Derek F , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Paying for after hours support doesn’t sound right because Webroot offers FREE Support. Please use the links below to contact Webroot Support:

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

I apologize for not being clear. It was not Webroot that charged us it was the provider of the software that Webroot removed from our computers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I apologize for not being clear. It was not Webroot that charged us it was the provider of the software that Webroot removed from our computers.

Hello @Derek F 

In any case if Webroot is causing you issues please contact support for it doesn’t do it again! It could be a simple thing like Whitelisting the files on the Webroot Cloud Database.

Thanks,