How do I block windows 10 pupups

• 23 January 2016
  • 2 replies

I am a retired professor with a PhD and an EdD, that uses his computers all the time and try to keep up to date so I will not grow old physically and mentally. Tony Gil

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi gilt1tony

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Are you asking about how to block the Microsoft-sourced messages offering you a Windows 10 upgrade or are you asking about blocking popups when surfing the Internet using Windows 10's new browser called 'Edge'?

If the former then I am afraid that there is nothing that you can do from within WIndows itself. To stop that you will need to download and install a piece of software called 'GWX Control Panel' which will do the job for you. If you would like more information on this please send me a private message and I will be pleased to supply this.

If the latter case then please post back and I will take you through activating the built in popup blocker in Edge.

Hope that helsp?

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +8
Hi ?

Welcome to the Community. Are you referring to an icon in the notification area of the taskbar? It is the area near the clock. If so, you can easily disable it by going to the Control Panel, then select Notification Area and scroll until you see the Windows 10 icon (it looks like a window pane) and click Hide Notification. 

If you need additional info, please write back.
Theresa