Solved

How do I change the primary email address on my Webroot Secureanywhere account

• 29 September 2014
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 2
I need to know how to change my primary email address on my Webroot Secureanywhere account.  I will no longer have the primary email address as of tomorrow and I have been going around in circles trying to get an answer to this question.  You all are my last resort.  Please someone help me.
icon

Best answer by nic 30 September 2014, 17:29

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jkogok

Welcome to the Community Forums.

At this time there is not a setting where the customer can change the email.  At the moment, the email address is not used just to log into the MyWebroot Account, but it is also tied to the Password Management feature.  Due to the back end structure, I would guess that simply chaning the email address is not as simple as it might appear to be.

Your best approach is to Open a Support Ticket and see if a Support Team member can help with this/do the necessary.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thanks for your reply.  I have tried over and over again to open a support ticket and nothing happens.
Userlevel 7
Hi jkogok

OK, sorry to hear that...that is somewhat surprising as the Support Team normally respond with alacrity to such requests.

So over to Plan B...which is to call on the services of our most excellent and newly returned Community Manager @ would you be able to check this out and see why jkogok has had no response to his requests?

Cheers, as always, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Glad to know that you are out there to help. I have tried once again to submit a support ticket. We'll see . . .
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'll go ahead and submit a ticket for support to contact you.  Sorry that it didn't go through correctly!
Userlevel 7
Hi jkogok

No problem...that is one of the raison d'etre of the Community...and we take it seriously whilst also trying to have some fun, learn a bit, and then have more fun.  And there are many members around who can help so hopefully you will always get a reply.

Lets see if Nic can weave his usual magic for you. ;) And in the mean time stick around and make yourself at home.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I do see your second ticket request went through, so it is in the queue waiting for the next available agent to get to it.  Please let me know if you don't hear back from them by today!
Userlevel 7
Ah, Nic...what can I say but that I am in awe at the 'magic' you weave...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images3/sSig_youtheman.gif

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thank you so much for this reassurance. My primary email address will be gone tomorrow and I'm panicked.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for calling on Nic. IF I EVER know an answer for someone, I will surely return the favor and pay it forward.
Userlevel 7
Hi jkogok

No problem...it is easy when you know...but we try to use him sparingly...you know for those 'break glass in an emergency' situations that come up from time to time...;)

Your offer is most kind and just what we like to see & encourage here in the Community...nobody knows everything (well, nobody except TripleHelix :D) but everyone knows something that can be of help to fellow Community members...so please feel free to chip in/help out as and where you feel able.

Hope to see you around.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thanks again, Baldrick! I will let you and Nic know how all of this turns out and what the solution to my problem is. I just wonder why you can't change your email on your account profile. There must be a very good reason.
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, jkogok :D

In terms of the 'why' I think I alluded to my understanding of the reasons back in my response to your OP, i.e., at the moment, the email address is not used just to log into the MyWebroot Account, but it is also tied to the Password Management feature which is available in the Internet Security Plus and Complete versions.  Due to the back end structure, I would guess that simply changing the email address is not as simple as it might appear to be., because of the need to transfer the Password Manager-related data between emails, etc.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Yes, you did give that explanation in your first reply to me. I must admit that I didn't really understand what you meant, but I'm sure that it is all about security as is the software. I have used Webroot for many years and have never had a problem with it so I trust that this "inconvenience" is for my own protection. Thanks again, Baldrick for being my "first responder."
Userlevel 7
No problem...to explain it a bit more simply...the PM data is held in the cloud and needs something to identify the user so it knows whose data is whose...the key is the email and may be also the keycode...so if one changes email and/or keycode and has data in the cloud that data needs to be moved to the new key (email & keycode) so that the user using that new combination can access their data.

Hope that explains it a little better?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
YES! Thank you. I actually DO understand that. Microsoft also will not let me change my email address. Probably the same type of reasoning.
Userlevel 7
Indeedy doody!

See you around I hope?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Nic, I have still not heard from a Webroot support agent. Do you know what happens if the primary email on an account no longer exists?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Nic, I have still not heard from a Webroot support agent. Do you know what happens if the primary email on an account no longer exists?
Sorry about that - let me look up the ticket and see if I can get someone on the case right now.  I imagine they'll still be able to switch the email even if it doesn't exist anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I pinged one of my friends in support to take a look at it.  Sorry for the delay!
Userlevel 4
Hello jkogok,

I have personally finished your support ticket.

If you need any more help please respond to the ticket.

Thanks,
John A.
Frontline Engineer
Webroot Support.
Userlevel 2
Thank you so much, John.  I do have several questions for you regarding this.  I have responded tothe support ticket with my questions.
Userlevel 2
Nic, thank you so much for staying on this for me. I don't know what I would have done without you. You are fantastic! I have sent several questions to John A. regarding this email dilemma. The issue has still not been solved, but I'm sure it is on its way to being complete. My lack of knowledge on all of this is not helping the situation, I'm sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're very welcome - glad I could help!
Userlevel 2
John, my old email still appears on my Webroot account. I just don't have a clue as to what to do about this. I am definitely not understanding the process. This Community website has my correct email address, but the Webroot website where my actual account is, does not.