Solved

How do I get rid off green check marks on all desktop icons

• 8 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Somehow I have green check marks on all desktop icons. They look like web root check marks. How do I get rid of them? Vic

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 10 August 2020, 18:14

View original

5 replies

Dropbox check marks look like Webroot ones (a white tick on a green circular background). Do you have Dropbox installed and if so, have you moved your Desktop folder to your Dropbox parent folder? That could be one possible explanation. Otherwise, I can’t help.

The laptop has a Dropbox App, but I never signed up/registered an account.

OK. Not that then. But maybe something similar? I’m strongly inclined to think that your desktop checkmarks are due to another app. Webroot checkmarks only appear on webpages and Google etc. search results. They are providing you safety information regarding relevant webpage.

Well, thanks for the help. If you have no idea, then I guess that is the way it will look from now on. Just irritating when control gets hijacked from you. Vic

Userlevel 7

Hello @VicPatronikDDS

You can always submit a Support Ticket and see what they have to say about the problem. When sending in a Support Ticket a Webroot Log (PC Only, Not Mac) will be sent to Support. They will be able to look the log over to see if there are any problems.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.