icon

Best answer by nic 15 July 2016, 00:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello bobanddi2011, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Please see this link to create a Webroot Account:
http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/559/Creating-a-Webroot-Account

Your receipt should have come in an email if you bought it from Webroot online.
I've looked through my e-mails and can not find it. would you please send a copy so I can print it out Please.
Also I do not have the key code. My husband did this on line and I have no idea where anything other than we paid $700. CAN. and would like to know more. <identifying information removed>

Thank you Dianne Davidson
Userlevel 7
Hi bobanddi2011

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Would you happen to remember the name of the company through which the purchase was made or be able to provide the website address?

Regards, Baldrick
the e-mail address is support@softwaresolutionspros.com
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello bobanddi2011,

Welcome to the Webroot Community. 

I am shocked to hear that you have paid CAN$700 and sorry to say you must beware of Tech Support Scams   

Do you know how you came into contact with these people? Thanks. 

We will, nevertheless, try to help as much as we can.

Userlevel 7
I am afraid that from what I can tell about the site itself, i.e., softwaresolutionspros.com, does not bode well given that Webroot's reputation rating for it is 50 or

"This is a generally benign site, but has exhibited some characteristics that suggest security risk. There is some probability that the user will be exposed to malicious links or payloads."

And from checking their product offerings I am guessing that you have been offerred and paid for Webroot Endpoint Protection 3yr license (US$ 399), with a 'product description' of:

"Webroot Endpoint Protection – 3yr license full PC service, virus and infection protection.
Virus and Infection protection
Business class endpoint monitoring
Monitored 24/7
Industry Leading protection from Malware AND Viruses
Software AND Hardware protection with Absolute Low-Jack"

if that is the case then you have the Business version of WSA or rather you are covered by the Business version of WSA which softwaresolutionspros.com run centrally and you are protected by...so they own the license and are effectively protecting you. If I am correct then they own the keycode and you will not have access to it, I am afraid.

Perhaps our excellent Community Manager ? could check up on whether they are a certified partner of Webroot, etc.,?

Whether this is a scam or legitimate I can venture an opinion at present but the normal subscription for the WSA Endpoint Security solution is much lower than that is purchased directly from Webroot.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There's no record of them in our database of partners. Also is the URL this?
http://www.softwaresolutionpros.com/
the website for softwaresolutionspros.com doesn't actually load.

I would suggest contacting your bank to reverse the payment if you can't get your money back from them directly.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the pick up, Nic

It is the same site it is just that I left off the 'www.' in my post...I got the informaiton on the 'product offering' off the website.

Would agree that the best course of action now is to contact bank/credit cared provider and get them to hold any further payments, etc., which the situations is clarified.

Regards, Baldrick