Solved

How do I retrieve files from Back up sync?

• 9 September 2013
  • 2 replies

I hate looking stupid but I usually have little say over the matter. I've wiped my hard drive clean but in a moment of rare mental clarity I backed everything up into 'Back up and Sync.' 

How do I retrieve these irreplaceable gems of wit and wisdom???

It's clear that I can click and drag but that seems to remove said file from back up and sync and then it only lives on my hard drive?

Even I understand it would be better to have it in both places.                      

Thanks much
                                                           Neoluddite, aka the last human without a cell phone
icon

Best answer by MikeR 9 September 2013, 19:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Thank you for updating the thread and I apologize for the confusion with Backup & Sync. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :D

I will explain how similar issues can be resolved just in case other viewers run into a similar situation.

If you were to buy a new hard drive, you could reinstall Webroot SecureAnywhere onto the new drive, download the Backup & Sync functionality by entering your credentials followed by reinitializing the sync with your online account.
Hah!!! No worries mates. No need to find politely derisive things to say about any suspected lack of intellectual acuity on my part, I figgered it out. 

Still without a cell phone,
                                                 Neoluddite