Solved

How do I "unblock" something blocked by firewall

• 25 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Firewall asked me to make a decision about a process and I said “block”

Now I want to “unblock” it but I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 25 September 2022, 18:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @kagoroo 

Have a look here under Active Connections and look for the Block, note Webroot has not updated the last couple of pictures in this page: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallWebShieldProtection/ManagingActiveConnections.htm

If that doesn’t work then do a clean reinstall of WSA and also tell us what version of Webroot you are using?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Thank you for your answer, but no, the blocked file is not visible anywhere in “Active Connection”

Uninstalling and installing back works, but this is not a solution each and every time when you want to “unblock” a previously blocked file.

Doing nothing is again a non-solution because Webroot will allow the file after 120sec.

So, in fact , how can I block a suspicious file to connect to internet in a logical way?