Solved

How long does a deep Scan take?

• 20 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. Right now my machine is scanning. its been one hour and 40 minutes and counting. Is this normal?

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 20 November 2019, 19:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @DRBaron welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

When I first bought my iMac running macOS El Capitan I installed WSA on it. My scan times were 15 to 20 minutes long. I upgraded to High Sierra my scan time increased to 30 minutes. I then upgraded to what I’m running now, Mojave. My scan time with Mojave is almost an hour. It seem to increase with every Apple upgrade. This has been reported to Webroot in the beta forums. We are still waiting for a fix.

Another member on this forum @Ssherjj is running El Capitan on an old Mac computer and I believe she said it takes a few hours for a scan.

I’m also hoping that Webroot would decrease the scan time on a Mac computer.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Yes @ProTruckDriver my El Capitan running Webroot Beta takes an average of 2 and a half hours.  Sometimes more ...

Userlevel 7

Yes @ProTruckDriver my El Capitan running Webroot Beta takes an average of 2 and a half hours.  Sometimes more ...

Good God!  Over 2 hours, that’s unsat. :frowning2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Yes @ProTruckDriver my El Capitan running Webroot Beta takes an average of 2 and a half hours.  Sometimes more ...

Good God!  Over 2 hours, that’s unsat. :frowning2:

Dave, I have always had long Webroot scans. But it is longer then the norm now...My iMac is a 2007..so there you go….:upside_down: