Solved

How to remove alert "Sign up for My Account"

Now, after I’ve Signed Up and created a new account on Carbonite+Webroot, because this is where the "Get Started" button led to, the alert keeps appearing down to the right corner of the screen, non stop.  This is the text of the alert

Webroot "Sign up for My Account Manage Subscriptions, access support and more by creating a My Account profile."

How do I stop this alert?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 9 May 2022, 17:46

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @greenship 

Sorry but I don’t know much about this issue because I had my account setup for at least 10 years but did you try a reboot of the system? Looks like other’s are having this issue as well see here: https://community.webroot.com/got-a-question-10/sign-up-for-myaccount-351244 so I would suggest that you Submit a Support ticket!

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Thanks,

Hi,

I have a similar problem except I have never signed up for a Carbonite account but when I try and create one it will not accept my keycode for my Secureanywhere account.

Please help.

Rincewind

Userlevel 1

I’ve already cancelled my ‘automatic renewal’ with the thought that if they continue the popups I’ll change to Norton Antivirus.  I just chatted with their technical support and they told me they use pop-up offers as well but there is an option to turn them off so you’re not bothered by constant ads…  sure sorry to see WebRoot go this route!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

It’s been turned off: https://community.webroot.com/ideas/stop-spamming-your-customers-with-popup-messages-because-you-need-more-money-351270#postid=613

This is still annoying me…. I’m about to uninstall if it doesn’t stop.  I paid for a license, stop putting popups on my pc.

Userlevel 1

I think it’s pretty arrogant to offer a solution whereby we have to be proactive & reboot. I’m in the middle of several things and that’s annoying & will disrupt my workflow.

You can’t simply exit out of the pop-up, the only way to “get rid of it” (for a moment, until it pops up again) is to go to the site. I don’t even have carbonite...

If so many people have complained, why wouldn’t they be responsible and proactive by sending us an email to let us know they made a mistake. I’m going to consider other options as it doesn’t seem they are customer focused. Very disappointing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

In another thread a user was told by Support that it will go away in a couple of days. Since I have not seen this, I cannot confirm that answer. (Which is really stupid - it should at least first check for a license before popping up a pay me dialogue.) Has this gone away for people? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hey everyone,

I agree this was more on the side of annoying even for me and as such you are not the first complaint we’ve had about this in-product messaging - there are multiple threads

We have since turned off this messaging and it should no longer after after you reboot your computer. If you still see this message after the reboot please contact our support so they can keep you up to date with the resolution

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Userlevel 1

I’m still getting the pop-up at startup.  I’ve submitted a ‘ticket’ but haven’t gotten any help from WebRoot...still getting that anoying popup!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 1

Yep! Me too! I rebooted and still getting the popup. Support has not responded to me either. Soooo disappointed in how they are handling this (rather - NOT handling it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Petemlewis I can’t find a ticket under your email to track this - Please DM me the email you used to submit a ticket and I’ll have it looked into. 

@LList I checked your ticket that you submitted this morning and see that it’s in the queue. Every time you send a new message it resets your ticket in the queue. I have escalated this and you should have a response shortly. This in product messaging has been turned off so you shouldn’t be seeing it anymore. Our support can help find a resolution for you

Userlevel 1

This is to ALERT everyone on here! I finally got a message from support. Do you want to know what they said? They were SELLING me on the pop-up and to Activate My Account. I would not have believed it if someone else had told me this!

Instead of really being sorry for all the disturbance they’ve caused, they were more interested in selling me why the pop up set up and why I should sign up with the submit button.

And they acknowledged that for some users (like me) the pop-up is happening (even if I don’t want to sign up). They’ll get back to me on a solution (at some point).

SERIOUSLY?! That was the response?? Unbelievable. Does anyone on here have another alternative they’d like to recommend? I’m so over this Webroot and the arrogance they are displaying. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Jedi mind trick. You will like the pop-ups. You will pay them money. You can move along. Move along. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

This is to ALERT everyone on here! I finally got a message from support. Do you want to know what they said? They were SELLING me on the pop-up and to Activate My Account. I would not have believed it if someone else had told me this!

Instead of really being sorry for all the disturbance they’ve caused, they were more interested in selling me why the pop up set up and why I should sign up with the submit button.

@LList I understand how frustrated you are to still be getting these pop up messages. Most people have already had this resolved in other threads. Our Support has also acknowledged that your case is fringe to be still having this issue and is high priority with our product teams.

In reviewing the ticket and the exact messages sent to you,  I would like to clear up that Support are not selling the “my account”, it was just a suggestion to get rid of the popup. Our support has absolutely apologized for the inconvenience and disturbance for those that don’t want to create an account and are working diligently to remedy the situation for those that still have the pop-ups.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience or grievances this has caused you. Webroot has received reports of this new messaging popping up regularly despite measures being put into place to stop the messaging. Your case as well as every other reported case has been brought to the attention of our Product Management and Development teams for review and further prioritization.

In March 2022, we released a new My Account portal for all Carbonite customers and new Webroot customers. The new My Account portal has been designed to allow you to be able to manage both the Carbonite and Webroot products.

According to our database, you have not yet registered for the new portal account. Please use the link below to create the new account with us.

https://myaccount.carbonite.com/createaccount/

If you do not want to set up an account on our new portal, please feel free to ignore these messages.

We're looking into this with priority and working to get this messaging removed as soon as we're able. Once this issue is resolved, we will be in contact to let you know.

Follow-up message...

The account that you can sign up for is an optional feature that we provide to our customers for account management, it is not something that has to be paid for. Additionally you are not required to set one up. As stated this is a known issue amongst our team and our teams are working diligently on resolve the issue reported. This was not an intended feature to have the message appear as often as it has. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience or grievances this has caused you.

I sincerely hope the messages go away ASAP and if you would like to actually speak to a person I would be happy to escalate this and have an engineer reach out to you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

There are reasons why people do not want to use Carbonite for Cloud backups:

1. slow for non-US customers
  2. system process hog
  3. Older version created thousands of 0 byte files which were supposed to be temporary but were not in reality

Please do not force this on existing Webroot customers via an annoying popup which incorrectly infers that existing account details are not valid.  However send emails asking customers if they want to opt in, and nothing else.

Badge +1

Yes I try to create an account but it tells ma an account already exists with this keycode. So I try to login with credentials that work for Webroot and I am told my credentials are invalid.

My renewal isnt far away so I think I’ll just not renew and uninstall webroot unless they sort this out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@AV1 This is not something we are forcing on anyone. This product messaging was meant to be a way to make you aware that you have additional features that can be utilized. Obviously this messaging was way too much, and upon turning it off on the backend we’re still having users see this pop-up which is absolutely unintended. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused everyone and will happily escalate anyone’s ticket that is still seeing this. 

@patbell101 We’re very sorry for the frustrations here, it was not intended and we have turned this off on the backend so if you are still seeing it please create a ticket and we can get you in touch with support. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@MajorHavoc (I like your name) - as I pointed out to @TylerM  in the “Sign up for MyAccount” thread, the popup continues to occur for me every day when I start up my PC.  With a support ticket raised a week ago with no follow-up occurring then I am not happy.  Despite all of the statements to the contrary about things having been stopped and it’s all gone away then that is not true.

What can be done to permanently kill off the popups for me? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@MajorHavoc(I like your name) 

Thanks  the name of a video game I designed for Atari in the 80s  :-)

@TylerM-  I have read down through this thread and I am also a long time customer, I do not have any Carbonite  products so I don’t want to sign up with the new myaccount (which doesn’t seem very successful either due to credential issues).  I did try to submit a ticket using the link you provided above but using the same user name and password that allows me to log in to my dashboard online I get nothing when I click the continue button in the screen shot below:

if I don’t have a ticket and we have already rebooted, will it potentially just stop?  Or is there something more that can be done to submit a ticket so we get notification upon remediation?  Thank you for your help!

Edit: Blocked Members Email in Screen Shot ~ PTD

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@cacoss This is the support ticketing site and uses a completely different login so be sure to make a new account for support.

Let me know if you have issues

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@AV1 Support had responded to you May 17th and it looks like you didn’t read it. We have since escalated further and they are offering to call and remote if needed. Please respond to the ticket with what you would like

@TylerM -clicking the link you provided above I get this:

There is no option to create a new account from this page.  When I put in my email and click continue, I get the screen I already showed you above.  So now, even though the main log in page states that if you already have and existing account with Webroot I can log in and manage my dash board but I can’t submit a ticket through the old portal? I will have to create a new account with the NEW Account Portal in order to submit a ticket to get rid of the create an account nuance pop up.  (yes I did just chase my tail right in a circle)  Or am I missing something altogether different?

@TylerM. A week ago I contacted Webroot Support about this rash of pop-ups and 2 days ago, that is, all of 5 days after I submitted my Support post(?!?!?!), they actually got round to replying. Here was part of their response:
“These banner messages are being provided for all customers and will rotate and change throughout the year.“

Great! So this pop-up message is the first of an epidemic of pop-ups that Carbonite and Webroot have decided they are going to subject us to. This is what we get for the privilege of being paying customers.

I thought this problem had been resolved years ago when many of us complained vociferously about it, and Webroot told us they had learned their lesson. Well, here we go again 🙄.

Got about 50 some days left before my renewal is due. Guess it’s time to research more user friendly companies.