Solved

How to remove alert "Sign up for My Account"

Now, after I’ve Signed Up and created a new account on Carbonite+Webroot, because this is where the "Get Started" button led to, the alert keeps appearing down to the right corner of the screen, non stop.  This is the text of the alert

Webroot "Sign up for My Account Manage Subscriptions, access support and more by creating a My Account profile."

How do I stop this alert?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 9 May 2022, 17:46

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Muddy7 

The persistent popups was not intended and it was only supposed to be one popup that you could close. I understand the frustration when these things don’t work correctly, but it has been remedied and there will be no more popups that persist. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@TylerM-clicking the link you provided above I get this:

There is no option to create a new account from this page.  When I put in my email and click continue, I get the screen I already showed you above.  So now, even though the main log in page states that if you already have and existing account with Webroot I can log in and manage my dash board but I can’t submit a ticket through the old portal? I will have to create a new account with the NEW Account Portal in order to submit a ticket to get rid of the create an account nuance pop up.  (yes I did just chase my tail right in a circle)  Or am I missing something altogether different?

This is the ticketing website. It is entirely different than old Webroot or new joined Carbonite+Webroot accounts. If your email is asking for a password, its because you have created a ticket before and is asking for the password to the support ticket website. If you do not remember the password, the I suggest that you reset the password and then go from there. As always your subscription includes help over the phone so if you need assistance please give us a call  

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

The persistent popups was not intended and it was only supposed to be one popup that you could close. I understand the frustration when these things don’t work correctly, but it has been remedied and there will be no more popups that persist. 

Thanks, Tyler, for your swift response!

I followed your advice to reboot a week or so ago, but the popup persisted each time I turned on the computer in the morning and logged on. Then it stopped for a couple of days and then it came back. This morning, it seems to have stopped again (temporarily?). So it has still been continuing to pop up on my computer. Are you saying it will eventually go away?

And what of Support’s response (very recent: only 3 days ago): “These banner messages are being provided for all customers and will rotate and change throughout the year ?  Should I ignore this as being just incorrect information?

As an ex-Prevx user and more than 10-year Webroot user, I love your AV but I hate these popups. Grrr😠!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

As an ex-Prevx user and more than 10-year Webroot user, I love your AV but I hate these popups. Grrr😠!!

I also am not a fan of the persistent popups and I can assure everyone here that what happened with the in-product-messaging campaign was NOT supposed to happen. It was supposed to just be quick FYI message making you aware of features that some might not be aware of with the account. However, what happened was an error from our back end implementation and and the persistence of the popups was through the roof and has upset everyone. Going forward the message that’s displayed will only show up once and not persist after it is closed. I am unaware of the other messages that have been planned to be displayed, but if there are going to be anymore then they will be implemented correctly next time where it will go away after one click. I will also make a post  on the community here letting everyone know beforehand. I was also caught off guard by this message as well. 

So after two support tickets and two generic responses explaining what the new MyAccount is, and feel free to ignore the popup (which won’t go away if you ignore it), this is still going on. Has been escalated, support says. Any updates on when this issue will go away? Sheesh, imagine if every app on the computer did this on start-up… 🤣

Still getting this message months later; finally decided to Google it, and… well,  here I am 

Badge +1

Yep its back again and still the credential eff up when I try to create a support ticket from my logged in Webroot page.  I know my credentials but cannot even get  a “lost password” email - it says sent but I never receive it.

STOP THIS DAMN POPUP PERMANENTLY!  Or I’m outta here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello everyone, yes some are still getting the message and Webroot’s Development team is working on it and that’s all I know! I even get it once in awhile.

I also did NOT respond to the notice to create a “new” console account (I have had my 5 devices set up in Webroot for 5 years) … and when I tried to get support and/or create a ticket, I was also ignored/rejected without explanation.

Did I never need support or a ticket during that 5 years?  I was not at all aware that you needed a “different” password (but the same userid/email?) to get support or a ticket … and it was not at all clear that any such thing was needed when I tried to get the support/ticket … it just ignored me.  Was I supposed to read your mind?  And as user Cacoss noted, there was no way indicated in “support” about adding yet another login to the account.  I still have not gotten any support nor response as it is a holiday weekend … so even if you accept a telephone call on Tuesday, that means I have been left out to dry all weekend.

To be truthful, I find it hard to believe that a business does not provide some way to at least contact support (letting you reply to those insane messages is one way) to figure out what is required. I was blocked in every attempt to get help on what was going on.

We are really wondering about retaining Webroot with all this weirdness going on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Squirrel 

I looked at support tickets from your email and I don’t see any submissions since 2018. If you used a different email please DM it so I can find out where that ticket is and get support on it for you!