Solved

how to stop webroot notification tray SPAMMING ?

• 29 January 2019
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I paid a lot of money for licences but some moron at webroot had recently the great idea to spam and interupt me with a repeating huge notification advertising for some wifi shit they are selling now : how can I dismiss this spam, there is no option in the settings ? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 29 January 2019, 15:15

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @moronhater Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

Sorry you are seeing the pop-up. Let me ping one of our Community Managers to see if he can help you out with this problem. @freydrew
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I passed your feedback on to the team responsible, and running a scan will resolve the issue. I am honestly sorry that you are being inconvenienced by this.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Same issue as well - STOP SPAMMING PAYING CUSTOMERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
HELLO???? Is anybody gonna address this?????
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
THIS IS NOT SOLVED!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
You are still seeing the notification? If so, please run a scan, this should fix the issue.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
I'm still getting Ad notifications after running manual scans??????
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
What the heck ADS are now in the main panel????????
What is wrong with you people anyway,
I purchased Webroot to prevent crap like this and instead you guys start serving ADS in a paid product??????????????????????????????????????????/
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
HELLO?????

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO RUN THE SCAN????? WHAT IS THE MAGIC NUMBER 4, 5, 104785746 TIMES???????????????????????????
Userlevel 7
Hello tlagrassa,

Webroot employees will be back in the main office about 10 am tomorrow morning. They will see your posts. I'm only a volunteer here on the forum so I can't see the back side of Webroot. Have you tried to do a Clean Uninstall / Reinstall of WSA? That may help with the pop-up. As for the advertisement on the GUI, you will have to get the answer from the Webroot employee.

To do a clean Uninstall / Reinstall:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
@ProTruckDriver -Thanks for the advice.
I just think its utterly ridiculous and fly's in the face of common sense to do anything on my end.
There should be no ads at all what so ever. The problem now is Webroot thinks serving ads to paying customers is justified and I'm sure they felt it is better to loose some customers to gain sales and simply don't care. Mark my words this type of behavior will soon be the beginning of the end of what used to be a good antivirus.

Gone are the days of Customer first.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
First off, I am incredibly sorry that this problem still persists for you. Second, you should not be seeing it after running a scan, it sounds like something else is going on. Would you mind working with our support team so we can investigate? If so, we can be reached at 1-866-612-4227.

Please keep me updated, I want to make sure this gets resolved for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hey everyone,

@PVaddi was able to provide an update about this issue here and wanted to share.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
So to add a different 2 cents slant on this: I really do not mind Webroot telling me occasionally that they have a new product I might be interested in. Trying to make me aware of additional protection for my devices is not SPAM. Well, not until it starts to repeat on you. Key word being occasionally.

But I would highly recommend to Webroot that such a dialog should have a dismiss button along with a check box that says do not repeat this alert again. The "Learn More" as the biggest (and in this case, what looks to be the only button) is a bit over the head advertising, so I can understand the frustration this would cause some.

I have not seen this issue on either Mac or Windows, but I can understand your frustration. Hopefully that will come up with a quick patch and fix.