Show first post

73 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No worries David all is good!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're very welcome Stephanie that's what we are here for if you have any further questions about anything just post in one of the appropriate forums for your product. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-for-Home/ct-p/Products

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Eeeyup. Full scans are much faster than some others I've tested as well.
Userlevel 6
@DavidP1970 wrote:
A good tip, for even faster scan times: If you have WSA-Complete, run the System Optimizer prior to scanning, especially after completing Windows or other Software updates and installs, or heavy web browsing.  That will help get rid of junk temp files, etc etc etc.

:)

Ok, admittedly the time saved on scanning IS used on running the Optimizer, for that scan.  If you do daily scans it will help keep them as fast as possible the next day :)
Hi, David!

I generally run scans when I have been on line awhile and then after I log off to make sure that all the cooties have been repelled or coralled.

I do run the optimizer once a week as was suggested, I think by you, but I am not sure if it gets rid of the cookies that build up as I browse various sites like Amazon and others.

Still, I am amazed at how quick the scan is, and I believe that it is a full scan and not one of the 'quick' surface scans.

It's awesome! 😃
Userlevel 7
Once a week on the Optimizer should be quite fine.  That is about how often I do, and I make sure to run it after going through Patch Tuesday!  (The Tuesday every month when Microsoft, and often others, issue patches.)
Userlevel 7
@DavidP1970 wrote:
Yeah.. pretty cool isnt it??  I came to the Community 18 months ago to ask a question... I stayed, I learned, and you see what happened LOL.  I am a junkie helping other now  :)
In the daytime I'm Mr Natural; Just as healthy as I can be
But at night I'm a junk food junkie; Good lord have pity on me — Larry Groce
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks, David!

I guess that perhaps I am spooked and a little gun shy based upon the information that i have gotten from:-)  the Norton techs along the way.

I must assume that a massive download is a must to insure security and that i am required to instigate a manual life update to make sure that the most current antivirus and malware information is on my system to recognize anything untoward.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

I am so excited to have a forum where I can post my remedial questions and get common sense and simple to understand answers

Thanks!!!
Massive installs, huge daily definitions updates, massive product updates as we have known for the last decade ae a thing OF the last decade.  :)  WSA is just as effective without all of that.  Welcome to the new way of AV security!
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome!  Believe me, coming from a McAfee/Norton user background myself, i certainly understand!

:-) 

Have a great night.... i am off to bed.  Just remember to stick around to learn, have fun, and ask any questions that you may have!
Userlevel 6
Believe me, will do!!!!!

Have a good night!
Userlevel 7
Welcome you have come to the right forum, stay around and browse our subject matter and ask questions people here are very friendly and we have people whom can give you expertise advise on your issues 😉
Userlevel 6
Don't worry, David!

This kind of addiction is a good thing to have! Especially when it gets shared with those of us who are tech turtles and the rest of you are tech cheetahs!
Userlevel 6
Hi, David!

Thanks for the suggestion.  The odd thing is that when I get spam, it is generally routed to my junk folder (and sometimes emails I am waiting for from people get routed there for some reason, even though they are in my address book so I do check there to make sure I'm not missing something) but these all show up in my regular in box, but when I open them, they give me that red bar and the warning:  Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks.

I knew it was from you all so I wasn't worried, and I had learned in here that if there is something in an email, which is rare, then my Webroot will find it and zap it... Which apparently it did because it did find one cootie today in a scan, so it's doing its job!

But, and this is probably a really dumb question, but i noticed when the scan was running, it says above the scan bar that it is checking for malware.

The Webroot product checks for worms, viruses, Trojan horses, and all of the other dangerous and destructive things in addition to malware, right?

Just checking.  I know, I know, I'm putting my lack o' tech knowledge right out there front and center, but I was curious.

Thanks again for the patience and support! 😃
Userlevel 6
Thanks!!!

It also removes tracking cookies, too, right? I know on the product page it says that the Anywhere, which I got, removes all traces of your activities/visits on line. Did I understand that correctly?
Userlevel 6
I honestly don't know...  How would I be able to tell?  My green Webroot box just says Webroot Secury Anywhere.

I did get the version that wil protect any other items that i get that need internet access...

I told you all I am a total goof when it comes to this stuff! 😳
Userlevel 6
I went back to my order receipt and it says:
Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete 5 Devices 1 Year Subscription

So am I covered to the teeth or do I need to upgrade?
Userlevel 6
Hi, Sherry!

I know I should be ashamed to admit this, but I have no idea where or how to find the windows feature that would allow me to get rid of my cookies.  the old Norton product I had would sweep them out along with everything else and classify them as low risk.

I guess i assumed that if my Webroot covers my movements on line that it would also remove cookies so that i couldn't be followed...  or maybe that isn't how it works at all.

Like i mentioned, i'm dim when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks again for the link! 😃
Userlevel 6
I just thought of something as I was running a scan.

Is it OK if I run multiple scans using my Webroot while I'm on line and then again once I log off?

I want to catch anything untoward that might be in my system, and today the scan found something that it wanted to remove.

I hadn't thought i had opened up anything bad or gone to any sites that i haven't been to before, but maybe i did and didn't realze it.

Anyway, i just was wondering if  there is a recommended schedule for running the scan on the computer?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I honestly still have no clue how to clear cookies... aside from with a glass of milk, that is! ; )D
Well, that IS a great way to do it, but I suspect we are wanting to clear cookies of the internet kind here :)

What browser to you use?  Each browser, while similar, is a bit different
Userlevel 6
I do have IE on my computer so I will do that! Thanks!
Userlevel 6
I have yet another question about my WSA product.  :S

When i placed my order it said that i get a disk that will be sent to me.  Is that so i can load the program onto subsequent items that need coverage under my subscription?

And since i don't have  a tablet or smart phone ( but will likely have to break down and get something far more portable than my laptop while out of the office ) I don't know the procedure for such a thing.

Will the disk come with instructions to help me understand the best way to use its contents and load it onto the applicable item?

Sorry for being such a rube... 😳
Userlevel 6
Hi, everybody!

I was just wondering if you all knew how long it takes from the time you order your back up disk to the time it gets to you?  I was just wondering because i haven't gotten mine yet and I didn't know if there were a couple of days for processing before it ships out or how that goes.

What ws your experience?

Thanks and I hope everybody had an outstanding weekend!  : )
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Welcome! You're gonna like webroot becuase it's lean and mean and doesn't gobble up RAM like some other's I've tested ;-)
Thanks! :D

I am still amazed at how fast the scans are and how few files it needs to check to make sure my system is safe! :S
Userlevel 7
A good tip, for even faster scan times: If you have WSA-Complete, run the System Optimizer prior to scanning, especially after completing Windows or other Software updates and installs, or heavy web browsing.  That will help get rid of junk temp files, etc etc etc.

:)

Ok, admittedly the time saved on scanning IS used on running the Optimizer, for that scan.  If you do daily scans it will help keep them as fast as possible the next day 🙂