I am getting hit with 100 plus advertising emails on Yahoo mail everyday twice a day.

• 11 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi I am Larry
I have trouble with emails on Yahoo and looking for help on what to do. I get hit with 100 plus advertising emails every day twice a day. I cannot erase them sometimes not all the time. I have anitvirus and settings to send certain emails to trash before they come to inbox but they still show up. Anybody have any ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi there ? be welcome to this community . The thing you have with yahoo's a bit of an inconvenient one .  From what you said it looks like you already set up some rules to trash some messages automatically ( say if i'm wrong if i am ) but that would normally be the way to go ( and use the this is junk feature ). Now those mentally challenged spammers don't sit still  & wait you know. They create spam faster then we do many thigns. That's why you get soo much. The trick to junking them or covering them with a message rule is to find the thing these mails have in common with other spam mails and not your regular ones. If you find that you can filter based on that...  Maybe some of the more senior experts know of a good spam filter you can use? If not you can allways create yourself another mail account with a different provider if it bugs you too much.
Thank you for the information. I am trying to avoid changing accounts becasue I am well known with this one in my profession. I have put up with this blast of unwanted adds for some time. I am just looking for some new way of dealign with them. Thanks Larry