I am strongly considering WRA Complete

• 13 September 2012
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
and I need some information.  First of all I have an Android tablet that is just a low end one that only has version 2.3.3, will WRA complete work on that version, it is a Coby Tablet.  Another question I have is this, I am currently using the free version of AVAST on my machines.  Should I remove it or can it be used along with WRA Complete?  If it can be used, will it cause confusion? 

Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello slhayes and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

To answer your first Question these are the minimum requirements for your Android device:

• Android operating system version 2.1 or higher
  • Android-compatible device with 3 MB of free storage space
  • 3G/4G data connection required for some features
And your Second Question you can continue to use Avast if you want to but it is unnecessary as WSA Complete is a very strong Anti-Malware solution and very light on system resources also it's good for 3PC's and 3 Mobile devices!

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Thank you TripleHelix, sounds like I may be okay.  I am only waiting to clear a couple of issues I had on my pc's that Avast found.  I was on their forums to help me clear up what I think was malware problems.  Incredible how things have changed in almost 20 years on the internet.  I am also looking at identity protection for our accounts and it is all tough decisions.  I keep trying to explain to myself why these things are necessary, but I guess I need to start before a major problem comes up. 
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I also have a Kindle is it advised to use for these devices? Would it work it is an early one, not the very earliest, but still early. I think that one connects by way of 3G, but not sure if I understand it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Maybe one of the Webroot staff could help you further as I'm not using any Mobile devices. ;)

TH
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I just bought the Complete and got a deal so as I learn and run into things I will be back.  Thank you all for being here.
Userlevel 7
Hey there slhayes! Welcome to the Webroot Community! :D

Those are all legitimate questions and concerns and I see that T.H. has done a great job addressing them (thus your recent purchase)!

Regarding the Kindle, do you mean the Kindle Fire or just a regular Kindle? We are compatible (somewhat) with the Fire, but only as far as our free mobile app. (While the Fire is running a customized Android OS, it's not exactly a typical Android device). That being said, our Complete mobile app is 'awaiting review' for the Kindle fire and may be available in the near future. I can keep you posted if and when I find out more on that.

Do you have any other questions regarding your new subscription? Have you set up a "MyWebroot" account yet? If not, go ahead and do so when you get the chance as you will need the credentials to install and set up the Complete mobile app on your Android device(s). Let me know if you need any help or have questions.

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I just bought the Complete and got a deal so as I learn and run into things I will be back.  Thank you all for being here.
That's great to hear and Welcome to the Webroot family! :D

TH

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello slhayes, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum and the Webroot Family. 😃