I bought Webroot 3PC and installed it on two computers BEFORE setting up an account on either one.

• 23 May 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge
I bought the Webroot CD when I bought my new laptop (Toshiba, Windows 10), and after some delay to figure out how to get the McAfee security system off, installed the CD.  I also installed the same CD (licensed for 3 PCs) on my older laptop (Toshiba, Windows 7).  Both installed successfully and seem to be working.  Then I went on the new laptop (this one) and set up the account.

Apparently I was supposed to set up the account FIRST, because there is no way to link the PC to the account except by INSTALLING and entering the key code during the installation process.  But Webroot has ALREADY been installed on both computers.  Is there any way to link the successful installations to the account without completely uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot on both computers?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi jallan32

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I let you into a little secret please don't tell. ;)

I have NEVER registered first and then installed WSA...and all my devices appear in my online console. As far as I know there is no need to do it that way as the local client on your devices should sync with the online account automatically. The key is the keycode so as long as ypur online account has the same keycode as that which you have used on each device they should connect.

Having said that it can sometimes take time for the synchronisation to occur and what you can do to try and 'nudge' it along is to run one or more manual scans...sounds strange but as WSA links with the Webroot Cloud as part of a scan we have found that this sometimes works. So give it a try.

If it does not work then you should Open a Support Ticket to let the Suppor Team know of the issue and they should be able to connect things up manually.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick