I can't enable Password management tool.

• 26 October 2014
  • 3 replies

HI,

I upgraded from Webroot Personal Security to Internet Security but can't use the Password management tool. I think it's looking at the keycode for Personal Security. Can anybody help?

Mike

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello xxx666 welcome to the Webroot Commumity!

We have several things to check here, so grab a seat, relax, and lets get started!

First we need to make sure simply that the Password Manager is installed.  The PM is actually a browser extension for IE, Chrome and FireFox.  It appears as a small toolbar/add-on

If you do not see the toolbar:
  • Open your browser of choice
  • Go into the Add-ons/Extensions settings
  • Look for Webroot Password Manager
If it is there but not enbabled, enable it.
If it is NOT there, please download and run toolbarfix.exe   After the download, close ALL browser windows.  Run the utility.  It can remove, repair or intall the Password Manager add-ons for all three browsers at once.

Open your browser of choice, and if prompted allow the extension.  If not prompted, please go back into the extension/add-on settings and enable it.

Ok, once we have it installed and showing in the browser, we need to make sure your User Profile is correctly set up.

• Log into you Account Console  If you have not yet set up your Account Console, please do now and then log in
  • Click on your email address at the upper right
  • Select Manage Users from the drop down
  • Locate your User Profile
  • Click the Edit icon at the far right
  • Click the Access & Permissions tab
  • Go through all of the settings.  Give yourself Admin or Access to all available permissions
  • Verify that the key code listed on the Access & Permissions tab matches the key code on your WSA installed on the computer.  If the key code on the User Profile does NOT match the new key code, you will need to submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support assist you in migrating the User from the old key code to the new key code.  Make sure you clearly note which key code is the old one, which is the new one, and the email addresses of all profile(s) you need migrated.
  • Save changes
Changes to setting in the Console sometimes take 15 or 20 minutes to take effect, though sometimes it is much faster.  Thi is the relax part: give it 15 minutes and then come back to it.

Now that we have made sure the PM extensions are installed, enabled and the User Profle has the correct permissions, try to log in.  You will use the same Login and Password that you used for the Account Console.

If the Password Manager still does not work, it is probably time to submit a Trouble Ticket to have Webroot Support take a look at your license, key code, etc to see if there is indeed a problem at the Webroot 'back-end' regarding your key code.

I hope this helps, and hopefully it will get you up and going with Password Manager without the need to contact Support.  Please let us know how you do with it, and anytime you have a question or problem feel free to drop by.  We are always happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
In addition, in the case of it being mobile version: Password Manager for Mobile Devices - Webroot Community
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
In addition, in the case of it being mobile version: Password Manager for Mobile Devices - Webroot Community
Quite so!  I may have anwered wrong: my reply was based on a PC as the device in use, not a mobile device.

If it is a mobile device, there may be other items we need to look at as well.