Solved

I have a new computer how do I transfer Webroot to it??

• 25 December 2014
  • 4 replies

Hello i am new here my name is (EDIT: Email removed to protect Member's privacy.)  -- i need to transfer this proteection to my ne wcomouter. How do I do that ???

icon

Best answer by Baldrick 28 October 2016, 01:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi archer1203

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What you need to do is when you have your new computer and are ready to use it you should log into the online console (HERE) & then follow the instructions in this KB Article to deactivate your old computer in terms of Webroot.

Once you have done then all you need to do is to install WSA on your new computer & activate it. To do so please follow the steps below closely in terms of installing WSA on the target system/machine!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console HERE
  • KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process.
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot 
 and that should do the job.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
How do I transfer my webroot subscription from my old computer that won't come on to my new computer.
Userlevel 7
Hello pcjack77, wecome ot the Webroot Community!

If you still have the old computer, you can uninstall WSA WHILE CONNECTED to the Internet.  That will release the license seat to be reused.

If you are not able to properly uninstall WSA, you can deactivate it in the Console.  See this KB Article for details.

Once you have removed or deactivated WSA from the old computer, simpy use the appropriate link below to download the current installer.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any questions or problems!

have a new computer -- how do i add it to ths service???