Solved

I have been trying to register my acct, and for some reason a cannot get the confirmation email??

Userlevel 2
Cannot get a confirmation email for the acct I am trying to register?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 15 January 2017, 18:30

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi uhlig_ca

Excellent...but please be aware that the version that one can use for iOS devices is very different to the one used for either Macs or PCs.

So here is some information that may be of assistance, as at this time, there is not an antivirus option available for Apple iOS devices. Because of how Apple manages the apps available in their App Store, there is not a need for one currently. This may change in the future but at this time is is extremly hard/almost impossible to infect an iPad.

Webroot does offer two apps you can download from the App Store to backup your files and protect your internet browsing, called SecureWeb and Backup & Sync. You can find either of them by searching for "Webroot" in the App Store on your Apple iOS device. For more information on both of these products please use the information below.

Webroot SecureWeb: https://mobile.webroot.com/brands/webroot/en/help/ios/SecureWeb/index.htm

Webroot Backup & Sync (for SecureAnywhere Complete subscriptions only):

https://mobile.webroot.com/brands/webroot/en/help/ios/SecureSync/index.htm

Below is some additional information encase you need to refer to this.

Our members that have iPads (I do not) tend to use Secure Web Browser and Back up and Sync with Password Manager within the SecureWeb. Please look here on how to use Password Manager for the IOS

To access Password Management functions, tap the key icon in the SecureWeb toolbar. Enter your SecureAnywhere user name and password. This is the same login that you use to access your Webroot online account

When SecureWeb validates your Webroot credentials, a green checkmark appears above the key icon.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP
Userlevel 7
Hi uhlig_ca

You are most welcome. Always happy to try to assist a fellow member. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello
Try to check the SPAM folder in email

Please have a look here at this PC User Guide articles that can help you
Creating Accounts
http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/661/Creating-an-account
Logging In to Your Account
http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/662/Logging-in-to-you-account
Userlevel 7
Hi uhlig_ca

This is common misunderstanding; the 'Security' code that is being referred to here is not the 20 character keycode for WSA but a 6 character (case sensitive) code that you should have been asked to set up as part of your registration process.

If you have forgotten that then no need to worry. Just go to the online console login page HERE and click on the " Forgotten Password?" to the right of the main 'login' button. That should take you to a page that offers the options to (i) reset password or (ii) reset security code...just click on the but labeled "I forgot my security code", follow the on screen instruction to rest this, and when that is complete you should be able to provide which ever 2 characters of that code that are requested going forward (the positions requested rotate for security reasons).

I hope that assists?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Fabulous job, @ :manvery-happy:

Userlevel 7
Hi uhlig_ca

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add to what Petr has posted...have you checked your spam folder...just in case, as in general if you have been informed on screen that registration has occured/an email has been sent then usually it has, and we have had instances of it being junked due to local or user settings, etc.?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thx for the reply, I finally got it some 5 hours later. NOW, it is asking for the first and sixth letters of the security code. I put in those letters from the keycode, however that is not it.....What is a security code and where is it???? I cannot find it anywhere!!
Userlevel 2
Thank you, that worked! I was kicking myself..... NOW, does the  account three pc's?

Userlevel 7
Glad that one is sorted for you...but apologies...I am not quite understanding what you are asking re. "does the  account three pc's?"?

Is it a query as to whether you subscription covers you for 3 devices? Or is it about how to install WSA on 3 devices?

Either way please clarify so that we can continue to assist. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Yes, do the subscription cover 3 devices. Sorry

Userlevel 2
Got it, and I have 3 devices.....now trying to download it to my ipad and it get to the itune story open app and it goes to google and will not go any further????
Userlevel 7
Thanks, JP...one just tries one's best...for the fellow members. :D
Userlevel 7
Hi uhlig_ca

No worries...and certainly no need to apologise...:D

Well, that will very much depend on the version of WSA you are subscribed to; if I recall correctly the as standard the AV version usually covers 1 device, the Internet Security Plus version usually covers 3 devices & the Complete version should cover 5 devices as standard.

But the best way to find out is to log into your online console (now that you have the Security Code) and once on the main page click on your email displayed in the top right hand corner of the page and select 'Manage keycodes' from the context menu. That should display a page with the details of your keycode/subscription including number of devices covered, plus other useful information.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick