i HAVE RENEWED WEBROOT WITHOUT GEEKSQUAD, BUT I CANNOT ENTER IN THE NEW KEYCODE FOR THE PRODUCT

• 19 March 2016
  • 9 replies

cannot get new keyword to activate because I ordered via WEBROOT
and did not renew via geeksquad nor did I renew geeksquad

the old expiration icon keeps popping up as expired and will not allow the new keycode

how do I get rid of this old webroot and install the new one

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi  SALTY_SPEECH

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Can you tell us if you are using the Best Buy version of WSA or the standard Webroot version. THe difference is key hence the need to know.

Regards, Baldrick
i purchased the version over webroot
it shows an "ONLN" in the new key where the old key had "BB" which apparently triggers the best buy popup
thanks
Userlevel 7
So the version you have installed is the Webroot standard version purchased online from the Webroot store? If so then where does Best Buy fit in...I am confused.

Regards, Baldrick

when I activate the download from Webroot,

the BB expired icon pops up instead of a new one .

therefore I cannot enter in the newly purchased keycode
Userlevel 7
Sounds to me like you have downloaded and are trying to install the Best Buy version rather than the Webroot version. Please uninstall what youncurrwntly have installed, download the PC version of standard WSA from here http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe and then install/activate this one.

Regards, Baldrick 
How do I remove the BB version?

Userlevel 7
Hi SALTYSPEECH

Just go to the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel applet, select the appropriate application from the list, and then click 'Uninstall'. IF the Best Buy version works in the same way as the standard version you should be asked to confirm the uninstall, enter a set of CAPTCHA characters to make sure that you are a human being 😉 and then once confirmed that should be it.

If that is the case then REBOOT your system before running the standard WSA installer that you downloaded, making sure that (i) you have your keycode to hand & (ii) that you are connected to the Internet...and then follow the instructions, ect.

Regards, Baldrick