I just got a banner from WEBROOT regarding passwords and a new chrome ext..do I enable it or remove

• 11 December 2015
  • 5 replies

it said data etc could be changed..I am confused

5 replies

Me too - I have 2 Password extensions now and my filtering extension was turned off. The older version is showing "Not from Chrome web store." The Password log-in in chrome is really a very plain white box with place for E-mail and Password - really looks like a virus and I'm very nervous and refusing to log into it now.
Userlevel 7
Hi SH_USER

I think that you can safely delete the older of the two Password Manager extensions...the newer one should be one to use. IF needs be we can delete both and I can show you a workaround as to how to find the latest Password Manager extension and manual install it in Chrome...but will only post the instructions if you would like to try that.

And if able to do so then turn on the Filtering Extension. If not able to do so then yo will need to open the main WSA app panel & click on Advanced Settings (top righthand corner). In the next panel opened click on the 'Firewall/Web Shield' tab (on the lefthand side)..and make sure that all check boxes are ticked. If not then tick those that are unchecked and click on Save, enter the CAPTCHA characters requested and then go back to Chrome to see if the Filtering Extension is now active.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi donab112

If the pop up says  'Webroot toolbar add-on from Webroot inc' is ready for use then you should be OK to enable it.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi. I personally do not use Password manager software I'm old school and keep all my passwords offline and I never let Chrome save any login info. 
Userlevel 7
Well, now we know what you are studying I am not at all surprised by your stance on this...;)

Baldrick