I keep getting a green screen on my ideos

I can't get any videos, the screen keeps coming up green on any emails, yahoo home page and facebook...it just started

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ieward

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

What comes to mind here is you may need the latest Flash Player located here https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Please make sure you uncheck any Add ons . For they are PUAs

If the issue is happening when you are using Chrome as you browser then there is no need to download the separate installer as Chrome already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome should automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available, but if in doubt then check to make sure that you have the latest version of Chrome installed.

Now, if the above does not help and you have the latest Adobe version. The root cause of the problem is likely one that relates to your video drivers, but there is a quick fix that you can try; just disable hardware acceleration in Flash. This may result in a slight decrease in performance, the vidoe should play normally without all the trouble of diagnosing the driver issue and having, most liley, to update those drivers.

To apply the fix you will need to right-click on the video you are playing when the green screen appears, go to Settings, and uncheck the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" box, and from now on your videos should start playing properly.

Hope this helps?

Userlevel 7
Hi ieward

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Sherry has posted...if you have checked and the issue does not appear to be PUA-related then please take a look at this thread from the Facebook support site, which may well provide some useful information on this. Whilst this is a Facebook article the issue you have appears to be with all videos (Flash Player) and hopefully their suggestions should apply to all regardless of where you are watching them.

What you can also try, as a temprary fix, is to just right-click on the video you are trying to play, go to Settings, and uncheck the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" box. From now on, your videos should start playing properly. It is not the most ideal solution, but is usually a good, quick, temporary fix.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick