Solved

I keep getting a message saying that my wifi vpn security login information is wrong, I just purchased a 3 device script from Webroot, can someone help

• 21 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I’m having the same problem as the prior user with the same question had about a year ago which is:

“I keep getting a message saying that my WIFI vpn security login information is wrong, I just purchased a 3 device script from Webroot, can someone help?”

My problem is exactly as described in this post from a year ago so I cut and pasted the same info since it describes exactly my fact pattern which is

1. I’m a Current Webroot PC Security (Secure Anywhere) subscriber
  2. I purchased the 3 year 5 seat Webroot PC Security about an hour ago
  3. But the only difference is that I have a Windows 10 desktop instead of a Windows 10 laptop like the original community member posted

I cut and pasted that members info for convenience here 

“For some reason anytime I try setting up an account for Webroot Wifi Security, I am unable to create an account or I am told that I am entering the wrong username or password. I just purchased a 3 device subscription from the Webroot site on my Windows 10 laptop, which is the first of 3 devices that is not letting me register or activate the software. Could someone please help.”

I also took a screen shot of the two replies to this member below - please point me in the correct direction to help me get my purchase WIFI up and running.  Thank you, Thomas

icon

Best answer by Vamsidas 23 October 2021, 04:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I believe, and I could be wrong because I’m not sure which package you purchased (I’m not a Webroot employee) does not include the secure WiFi product. I note that it is a separate product on their product page.

If it was included in your package, it had its own signup when I installed it (on a Mac), so perhaps it requires you to sign up?  

Best bet is to reach out to Webroot customer support with your question  

Good Luck

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Vamsidas 

Anything to do with Webroot’s Wi-Fi VPN it’s best to contact Webroot support directly.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

Hello, 

I forgot to mention that yes, I did purchase the WIFI extra feature for $59.99.  While your replies were helpful, what happened is that overnight, my software purchase may or may not have updated my account. The next morning I was able to log in without further trouble.  Thank you Webroot Community for your support!!
Best, Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Great! Glad it is working.  Happy ending. 

Userlevel 2

Have to say I am more than pleased with  Webroot WIFI Security.  Was using a different VPN  that caused browsing issues.  Webroot WIFI Security so far as my experience runs without a hitch. In fact, there’s no degradation of service e.g. slower browsing, pages taking longer to load etc. 

I’ve been a Webroot customer for a few years now and I am thrilled with my internet experience! 

Thanks guys!  

Thomas