1. The $250.00 that I paid for this service was a bit more than the $50.00 others are paying.
2. He only downloaded it onto my laptop but my desktop is still using PCMRI. Which was also a rip-of.
3. I did not receive a key code for my rather expensive security.
4. I am unable to make contact with him.
5. He told me this was a one time expense. "The security is for your lifetime".
6. I am feeling incredibly old and very stupid at the moment.
Best answer by MikeRView original
It would be helpful if you could explain how the scammer got in touch with you and what conviced you they were genuine. It would other members of the community - thanks!
I'll help you get onto a free subscription of Webroot and make sure you are protected. I'll also investigate to see if they in fact did create a keycode for you and see if I can find any more information about them.
Would you like this keycode registered to your Gmail address? If not, please Send me a Private Message with the email address that you would like to use.
You have definitely been scammed, but not by Webroot. This may have been a third-party tech service that presents themselves as other software companies (or at least represent themselves in specialists in the product) and offers expensive technical assistance for them.
If this was a technician from Geek Squad/Best Buy, please let me know. They are actually a partner and we will be able to resolve any issues by working with their team.
Webroot offers 100% free technical support AND advanced malware removal. I've included our legitimate contact information below.
I suggest contacting your bank and explaining the scam service and that they were not the company you thought you were dealing with.
I really do apologize for the frustration they have caused and am going to give you additional days onto your account to ease the headache they've caused. You can Send me a Private Message with your keycode whenever convenient.
Sales Number: 1-866-612-4268
Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp