Icon

• 14 August 2015
  • 1 reply

Hi I am new to webroot.  just installed and activated it (I think).  my question is I don't have an icon on my system tray showing that webroot is on?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi granny2shoe

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This sometimes happen and the best thing to do in this case is to click on the Advanced Settings literal in the top right hand corner of the main app panel, and from the next panel displayed check whether the 'Show a system tray icon' is ticked or not.

If NOT ticked then tick the option, click on SAVE, enter the CAPTCHA characters requested and look to see if the icon has appeared.

If it IS ALREADY ticked then untick the option, click on SAVE, enter the CAPTCHA characters requested and then IMMEDIATELY tick the option, click on SAVE, (no need to enter CAPTCHA characters this time) and look to see if the icon has appeared.

If neither of those have worked then it is possib le that WSA is not installed or properly installed, and we need to explore other avenues for you.  But if this works then all I can say is no one knows why...just that occassionally one needs to do this.

Regards, Baldrick