Solved

Infected Computer?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Webroot Security states one of my computers is infected. The last scan was in '13. I think this is my mother's computer, which she no longer owns. How do I delete it from my list?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 25 May 2019, 04:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @tarnsman Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

To remove (deactivate) the said computer from your Webroot Account Console please see This KB Article.

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Wow, that was easy. Thanks, ProTruckDriver!

Now I have another question. Should I extend Webroot protection to my apple ipad? I read somewhere that Macs don't get viruses, but I don't really believe that.
norm
Userlevel 7
I'm glad you have that computer deactivated by using the instructions in the KB Article. My understanding, At this time there is not an antivirus option available for Apple iOS devices. Because of how Apple manages the apps available in their App Store, there is not a need for one currently. This may change in the future but at this time it is extremely hard to infect an iPad. I'll ping @Ssherjj our Mobile iOS Guru and see if she can add more information for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks for the ping @ProTruckDriver ..I think you have got it pretty much covered.

@tarnsman To be safer when using your iOS you could use SecureWeb Browser.
Mobile User Guide for SWB

I have been using iPads for a long time and have never got a virus. All I do is clear my Safari history and cookies once in awhile. Also it's best to do scheduled backups. Be sure to update your iOS if it needs it for further protection.

Hope that helps? 😊