Solved

installing basic webroot security software

• 27 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

When I ran the installation of the basic security software the old expired webroot software dialogue box came up and stopped the installation of the new webroot software.  I can’t get rid of the old expired software due to an old ADMIN control system on this computer.  How do I get around this problem and install the new software?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 28 February 2020, 00:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @metengr52 and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Did you try activating a new keycode? https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingYourAccount/ActivatingKeycodes.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Your%2520Account%7C_____2

If that desn’t work you will have to go into Safe Mode or Safe mode with Networking and Uninstall Webroot then go back into normal mode and do a clean install of WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Badge +1

The old software dialogue box came up as usual and stopped install.  Through trial and error  I found the menu item on this box that opened up to another box that allowed me to put in the key code.  Once this was done the install completed and I was able to activate the new Webroot security system.  Either Safe Mode suggestion was not able to uninstall the old Webroot software that had expired.  I don’t know what became of that, perhaps the new software wrote over the old software. Thank you for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@metengr52 if you want now you can do a clean reinstall to make sure all the old stuff is gone but that is up to you? If you do a clean reinstall and after uninstall and a reboot look for this folder and if it’s still there delete it!

C:\ProgramData\WRData and it’s a hidden folder and in case here to show hidden folders: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files