Introducing our chat advocates to the community

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
We're recently launched a new program on http://www.webroot.com, in partnership with www.needle.com.  Needle offers a service where fans and advocates for Webroot can offer chat support to people who aren't sure which version of Webroot to buy, or who have questions about features and functionality.  The chat advocates are hand-selected for their knowledge, helpfulness and enthusiasm for Webroot products.  In return they receive a fee and points that they can redeem in an online store for any completed sales that they help with.  It's a perfect part-time way to make money for a college student or stay-at-home parents with irregular hours.

The program has been very successful and we're excited to have new Webroot advocates from that program come and join our community.  They'll be on here interacting and learning, both so that they can benefit from all the knowledge that the community has to offer, and so that they can help more people who have quesitons about Webroot.  They are driven by the same passion for helping people stay safe online that our power users and VIPs on the community are, so it's a perfect fit to have them be part of the community.  (also for anyone who is on the community who might be interested in joining this program, you can learn more on www.needle.com and apply to be a Webroot chat advocate here.)

I'll allow them to introduce themselves individually in the replies below - there's about 17 folks total who are part of this growing program.  I'll also be creating a badge to add to their profiles so that you can see at a glance who they are.

Welcome chat advocates!

27 replies

Howdy Folks!

I'm Drew P.

It's a pleasure to be here! I found Webroot a few years back while using a 256K per second Internet DSL connection. The Low bandwidth was a selling point for me out in the stix, but it kept giving me more and more reasons to love it. It hasn't mattered work or entertainment, it's kept me running fast, protected and backing up and sharing files where ever I go! Thanks Nic, and Webroot for letting me be here! I'm honored to be among the Greats!

Thanks Webroot! I only hope to represent Webroot at least half as well as it works! Those are some big shoes to fill!

Userlevel 4
So most of the ppl on here know me already, but for those that don't my name is Shawn. I am the Webroot guy that works with the chat reps and there day to day operations. I am also the guy that works with them on training and all the new things about the software. At this point I have see what the chat guys are able to do, and how well they do it, and I am super impressed by it.

One of the big things about Needle is customer sat. The feel that making the customer happy is more important than anything else they do. The is also the big reason that we went with them. Because you know us, we want to make the customer as happy as we can, and they share that idea with us.

I have been with Webroot for almost 2 and a half years now, and must say that I love every min of it and the ppl here. I think that in that whole time this was one of the best things we have done. I am really happy to be working with Needle and the reps, and hope that you all will welcome them to the family with open arms.
Hi i am Brooks W 

I am a gamer and techie. I found webroot a year or two ago when trying to get rid of norton  because it was slowing my computer down. I am a Student in college, comming up on my senior year and i am getting a degree in Engineering Physics so yeah i have been a Chat rep for..... 4 1/2 months now? 
Hello all,

I'm Mark R. and I'm one of the newest additions to our Webroot Needle team. I've been using Webroot now for several months after switching from the AV who shall not be named, and my computer is running much better than it ever had under my last AV. Thank you for having me here, and I hope to live up to the Webroot name.
I have found my xbox collecting dust latley, I host a minecraft server for my friends, and play FFXIV, LoL, SWTOR and sometimes Simcity or Command and Conquer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks @ for telling us about this. Sounds great and we will be sure to Welcome them all!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome!  Fellow gamer too - what are you playing currently?  I just picked up GTA V on PC - even though I'd already played half-way through it on Xbox360, it's amazing to see it in glorious higher res.
Userlevel 7
BrooksW / MarkR

A very warm welcome to you both...hope that you have a great time here as part of our very, merry crew.

Regards, Baldrick

Hello Community!

Name is Matthew. I'm a Floridian and a college student currently working on my Economics (BBA) and Finance (Minor) degree at UNF. I'm one of the reps from Needle and it's absolutely great assisting potential users and hooking them up with the perfect Webroot security suite for them whether it be home or business use! I've been with the program since the start and have met tons and tons of users across the US. I've lurked here for a while (but finally got around to creating an account). I've had Webroot for years and love the user-friendliness it provides and that it is wicked efficient! The Cloud Techonlogy is what initially what brought me here and have been raving about it ever since! 

Hi, everyone! My name is Michelle H. I'm a former Norton user. When I upgraded to Windows 8, I noticed FireFox would freeze up or close automatically. I decided to give Webroot a try and I was very impressed. I haven't had one Firefox crash since switching. I think Norton's Identity Safe was the culprit. Webroot's scans take less than 3 minutes. It would take over two hours for Norton to complete a scan. It's a great feeling when you can represent a product (and company) you feel confident with and love!
Userlevel 7
Hi DREWp369

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I think that you will find us an amiable and a supportive crowd. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Drew and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 4
I can say Jasper, that from working with them to this point it has been very good. Every time they chat with a customer they have the chance of leaving review. To this point there have been nothing but really good reviews about it. I am really excited to see what comes from them being able to ask you all questions and get answers. I mean the knowledge in the power users is almost more then every one else put together.
Thanks! It's been a very warm welcome! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello all,

I'm Mark R. and I'm one of the newest additions to our Webroot Needle team. I've been using Webroot now for several months after switching from the AV who shall not be named, and my computer is running much better than it ever had under my last AV. Thank you for having me here, and I hope to live up to the Webroot name.
Hello MarkR,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Great to have you with us on this Forum as well! Enjoy  yourself...for there are alot of awesome Forum members here where we all learn and have fun too!:D

Kind Regards!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome Matthew,

Nice to meet you! :) 
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks for the heads up...we will be sure to give them a warm Community wlecome. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi and welcome to the Community DREWp369, it is great to have you here.
Since reading about Needle it does sound like a great idea and it will be fun to see how you fill those shoes 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi i am Brooks W 

I am a gamer and techie. I found webroot a year or two ago when trying to get rid of norton  because it was slowing my computer down. I am a Student in college, comming up on my senior year and i am getting a degree in Engineering Physics so yeah i have been a Chat rep for..... 4 1/2 months now? 
Welcome BrooksW,

Glad to have you here with us in the Webroot Forum!

Kind Regards!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Hi and welcome to the Community, BrooksW, MarkR, matthewmp, it is great having you all here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @.

Welcome aboard. Nice to meet you! Hope you enjoy the Webroot Forum as much as we all do!:D
Thank you, Drew! It's great to be here. :catvery-happy:
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Michelle and Welcome to the Webroot Community and the Webroot Family, if you have any questions about WSA just ask and we are here to help you! The WIN Cloud: http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php does all the work and not your PC!

Cheers,

Daniel ;)

Thank you so much, Daniel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!:DNice to have you aboard!