Introduction

• 13 September 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I be James, I am new to this, if I say something wrong, say so, I will try to correct my tongue.
Sometimes I get a litte fed up with computer issues, and sometimes I get a little short with not understand why even when I think a correction is made that it takes time for the system to work it out.
My hobby in the past was in the field of Electronics. Working with TV's, Radio, VCR's, 8 tracks, reel to reel, anything anolog, nothing digital in todays world. I do have a 3rd class FCC but that's a thing of the past.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jamez46

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I think that you wll find us a friendly bunch who like a good debate...but always try to maintain a cordial & respectful stance/position with one another. ;)

So look around and chip in as and when you feel the urge/need.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi James, 
Welcome to the community my name is Adam and I am sure you will be made very welcomed.
Userlevel 1
I thank Baldrick for the welcome. So long as I have had Webroot Secure anywhere, I have never had any issues until just recently, Webroot Tech support helped me out when  I asked for the assistance with a what I assumed to be a ransome ware issue. The support in clearing up the issue was very fast and prompt.
I would like to ask Webroot a question, Assuming updates come along, are those sent out to Webroot users, or are they automatically installed, as I may have missed the update tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Welcome, jamez46.  Nice to see you here.  I hope you enjoy your time with the community.
Userlevel 7
Hi jamez46

Updates to WSA, the client that runs on your system, are pushed out as and when released and to all userts with a current/actove subscription. In fact they do so so silently that often one does not know that they have occurred...but you can always check yourself by right clicking on the WSA icon in the notification tray area, and slecting 'Check for Updates'.

In terms of 'definitions' there are essentially none as all such data is held in the Webroot Cloud or WIN (some special definitions are held and therefore updated in the client occassionally but they are only for very specific activities)...so you are always up to date in terms of that part of WSA.

Hope that the above answers your question if not then please post back.

Regards, Baldrick