Solved

Introduction

• 14 November 2013
  • 9 replies

Hi! Just got on Webroot last night. I'm not very good with computer issues. I was able to download this on PC and on IPad. Question: Why does it say on the IPAD that there are no mobile devices protected, but that PC is protected? Doesn't this protect the IPad?

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 15 November 2013, 02:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Let me be the first to welcome you to the WebRoot Community forums as a fellow WebRoot newbie.

Hmmmmm. I would suggest trying to run your webroot app on the IPad to scan for viruses asap.
It might just be that it didn't run a full scan the first time and needs to adjust to the IPad.
Otherwise, I'd ask PEgas or another WebRoot Moderator about the issue in the WebRoot Antivirus threads.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello drb1955 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Well really there is no AV for iOS if you have WSA-Complete you can use the Back Up & Sync app and the SecureWeb Browser with the Password Management even if you have WSA-ISP you can get the SecureWeb Browser and use the Password Management also please see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Mobile-for-iOS/How-to-install-SecureWeb-and-SecureSync-on-iOS-devices/ta-p/5191#.UoV2VuIZlOc & here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Mobile-for-iOS/How-do-I-add-an-iOS-device-to-the-mobile-security-area-of-the/ta-p/5195#.UoV27uIZlOc

Cheers,

Daniel 🙂
Thanks for the welcome! How do you run the virus scan on the IPad? There isn't a page showing up like on my PC where you can press Scan.
Daniel, thanks for this info. So, it only scans your PC for viruses? That's what I was thinking. Wonder why it doesn't? So, what I figured out is it only warns you about a page that could be a virus so you don't open it?
Userlevel 7
Hello drb1955 and welcome to the Webroot Community!
Thanks again, Daniel! I understand now it only scans for viruses on your 
PC and Androids. The gal I talked to when I signed up said it does scan for viruses on the I Pad. Oh, well....
Userlevel 7
Hello drb1955:D
Welcome to the Webroot Community - one of the coolest communities in the whole internet world (IMO ;))
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks again, Daniel! I understand now it only scans for viruses on your 
PC and Androids. The gal I talked to when I signed up said it does scan for viruses on the I Pad. Oh, well....
Sorry to hear about the mix up but you still can use the SecureWeb Browser it's free and you can use a seat on your keycode for another system PC, Mac, Android to a family member or friend if need be.

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I agree totally...the best community  out there.  They are more than willing to help and keep on helping !