Just joined...

  • 12 October 2013
  • 28 replies
  • 1096 views

Userlevel 1
Hi there...
 
Just joined the community, although I've been using the Webroot system for a couple of years... 
 
Will be here on and off...
 
Robinski... 

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Robinski and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.


 
Now that you're here pull up a chair and stay awhile as we are a great bunch!
 
Cheers,
 
TH
Userlevel 1
Hello TH ~ and thanks for the welcome...
 
I'll keep a 'look out' on the forum, because, by and large, I think most of the subject material will be informative and interesting: as will be the general discussions...
 
Again, thanks for watching out for us newbies...
 
Regerds...
 
Robinski ~ RD
Userlevel 7
Hi Robinski
 
To echo TripleHelix (aka TH)...welcome to the Community.  Here is hoping that you will be more 'on' then 'off', especially when you find out what a great bunch of users we have here...:D
 
Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Community Robinski!
Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick...  As with my previous entry ~ many thanks for the welcome...

Yeah, I probably will be more on than off, although one can never tell in these early stages, how far the pendulum will need to swing, keeping pace with everything on one's agenda...  As always ~ I'll do my best to keep in touch...
 
Regards...
 
Robinski ~ DL
Userlevel 1
If this is David ~ Hi there...
 
Job keeping up with all these welcoming messages...  But thanks all the same...  :D
 
Regards...
 
RD..  (Robinski)
Hello Robinski, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I told you we are a great Bunch! :D
 
TH
Hi "Great Bunch".  Managed to stagger onto this board;  just joined.  Still trying to figure out Webroot;  something's not right, but haven't figured out why yet.  But, hey, it's still almost morning.  :8  Hope everyone is having a good day.  Don't know how often I'll get here, but wanted to say "present" before I sneak out of class.    
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi "Great Bunch".  Managed to stagger onto this board;  just joined.  Still trying to figure out Webroot;  something's not right, but haven't figured out why yet.  But, hey, it's still almost morning.  :8  Hope everyone is having a good day.  Don't know how often I'll get here, but wanted to say "present" before I sneak out of class.    
Hi sshiloh!  Welcome to the Community!  We do have a pretty good bunch of people around here, so let us know if you have any questions.  Chances are at least someone will have a good idea on a good answer for you!
Hello sshiloh, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Hello @ and@sshiloh. Welcome to the Community where everyday is a new learning experience. 🙂
Tnx for the welcomes.  :D  I'm having this weird issue.  Bought Webroot for my PC laptop a few weeks ago.  No problem.  Great!  Last night, I decided to upgrade and add Webroot to my iMac and iPhone, so signed up for 3 devices.  So far, so good.  Everything seems okay on my laptop.  However, running a scan on my iMac....not so good.  The "scan" clock runs but there is no information coming up like how many files have been scanned, when the last scan was done (supposedly last night), or any other info.  Just zeroes.  So, any thoughts on what I did wrong or what I'm missing?  I don't want to tell you what happened to my iPhone aside from the fact it imploded and took 15 minutes to recover so I could even turn it on.  But that's another story.  Any thoughts?  Sorry to bug out right now, but I have to go walk my dog, so will check back in a bit.  Tnx!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello sshiloh and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.


 
Where the Great Bunch hangs out!
 
Cheers,
 
TH  

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Tnx for the welcomes.  :D  I'm having this weird issue.  Bought Webroot for my PC laptop a few weeks ago.  No problem.  Great!  Last night, I decided to upgrade and add Webroot to my iMac and iPhone, so signed up for 3 devices.  So far, so good.  Everything seems okay on my laptop.  However, running a scan on my iMac....not so good.  The "scan" clock runs but there is no information coming up like how many files have been scanned, when the last scan was done (supposedly last night), or any other info.  Just zeroes.  So, any thoughts on what I did wrong or what I'm missing?  I don't want to tell you what happened to my iPhone aside from the fact it imploded and took 15 minutes to recover so I could even turn it on.  But that's another story.  Any thoughts?  Sorry to bug out right now, but I have to go walk my dog, so will check back in a bit.  Tnx!
Have a look at the Mac OS X Online Helpfile it could answer your question: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/542/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for-Mac-OS-X
 
Also have alook at this install Video it's an older version but it should still install the same!
 
If not let us know!
 
Cheers,
 
TH
TH.....Tnx for the info! There's something I'm going to try. I'll let you know if it works or not. If all else fails, I'll call customer service Monday.
Hi.....back again.  My PC laptop is showing up as protected.  My iMac is not.  When I purchased the upgrade, I was told to use the same keycode that I had for my PC to do the upgrade on my iMac, which I did.  The one thing in looking through the info you gave me, TH, is that I did one of two things wrong.  
 
First, I was on Firefox, not Safari.  Everything in your information was what I went through, but then something came up about Safari that didn't show up when I was doing the download.  I don't know if that caused a glitch or not.
 
Second, when it came to choices of whether I had Webroot on the "machine" I was downloading to, I did the download that said "no".  
 
I was going to try uninstalling and reinstalling going through Safari, but even when I shut Webroot down, it won't let me uninstall because it says it's running.  I guess my questions are, do I shut down Webroot on my PC laptop, then try to uninstall the program on my iMac and try to reinstall, or do I request a new keycode for the whole mess?  Or....maybe I should go watch a movie instead?  :D
Userlevel 7
Hello sshiloh! Everybody welcomed you but I will go another way ... Congrats you finally stumbled upon this great community. :D
 
I am very sorry I cannot help you with your Mac issue because I am not so familiar with Mac device. However that are other members who will gladly help you. :D
DavidP1970, ProTruckDriver, PIInfinity (another Sheldon fan!), TH, and Pegas. Tnx for the great welcome and help. I "attempted" to re-download and was sent some MicroSoft text that my iMac looked at and said, "nah", so for the moment I'm going to go do some actual work. Ack. If anyone has any ideas, would love to hear them, but If not, it's okay. Tnx and see ya on the flip side. Hope you're all having a good weekend. 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
PIInfinity (another Sheldon fan!). Tnx for the great welcome and help. Hope you're all having a good weekend. :-)
Oh you're a Sheldon fan too! Finally got a fellow Sheldon fan here in the Community. You gotta love him. He always says the true facts you know.:D
@PIInfinity wrote:

Oh you're a Sheldon fan too! Finally got a fellow Sheldon fan here in the Community. You gotta love him. He always says the true facts you know.:D
Sheldon.  What can you say?  [knock, knock, knock] Penny [knock, knock, knock] Penny....  I loved the rubber gloves to clean out the lint trap in the dryer.  So brilliantly clueless, how can you not love him?:D
Hi Daniel.....
 
I didn't disappear;  just busy.  To answer, not Best Buy, it was an online dl.  I'm not sure how I resolved it would be of any help to anyone.  Once I get stuck on something like this, I can't let it go until I resolve it in some way.  I considered a baseball bat.  ;)
 
In a shortened version (I was up until 4:00 a.m.), I tried uninstalling and installing about four times.  I even tried installing the "free trial", but my iMac wasn't having anything to do with the program, and yes, I consistently used the "mac" version.  I had an old virus program on my computer and even uninstalled that to see if that was the issue, but to no avail.  I couldn't leave my computer unprotected, so tried to reinstall my old virus program and that even tanked.  At that point, I was ready to call it quits and take my computer in to MicroCenter to have it checked out.  But, as I said, I don't give up easily.  I went searching for a free dl, did my research. 
 
Tried Sophos.  Ran a full scan, said I had some "issues", but nothing dangerous.  It then shut down the virus protection and I couldn't get it to work, so uninstalled that.  Installed Avast, ran a full scan, and again found a few "issues", but again, no virues, malware, worms, etc. and for whatever reason, it's running fine.  I'm not sure I want to mess with something as I go with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.  My iMac appears to be "clean" and all I want is to keep it that way.
 
My iMac is 5 years old, has been upgraded twice, added memory, and so far hasn't given me any real problems [knock on wood....or the baseball bat], so I will probably be contacting Webroot for a refund.  However, I will keep Webroot on my PC laptop because that's working great and I have no issue with it.  "So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it."  ;)
 
I really do appreciate you guys having my back while I was going through the frustration.  Sorry I couldn't get Webroot to work, but I really wanted to find out if my computer was infected, so just kept trying to find a way to check it out.  I don't know what the "issues" are, but they don't seem to be causing any problems and two different complete scans came up clean, so for the moment, that's where I'm staying put.  Besides, now my tv is acting up and I have to try to figure out which component is causing the problem.  I'm keeping my baseball bat handy.  :D  Take care....
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Sheldon.  What can you say?  [knock, knock, knock] Penny [knock, knock, knock] Penny....  I loved the rubber gloves to clean out the lint trap in the dryer.  So brilliantly clueless, how can you not love him?:D
Haha. Ah so many memories. Love to watch the repeats anytime.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello sshiloh does your Mac fit it into the System Requirements? As that could be the issue?
 

Operating Systems

  • Mac OS® X v.10.7 "Lion"
  • Mac OS X v. 10.8 " Mountain Lion"

Minimum System Requirements

  • 128 MB RAM (minimum)
  • 10 MB Hard Disk Space
  • Apple® Safari® 5.0.1 or higher
  • Internet access
 
Daniel
Userlevel 7
This sounds like a permissions issue of some sort, particularly because other anti-virus solutions are running into the same problem.  I know @ (one of our escalation engineers) is researching why this is happening in some cases.  If you still have the patience for it, you're welcome to put in a support case, including a link to this issue so it can be escalated.  Permissions issues are a lot harder to troubleshoot on a Mac than on a PC.  In Windows, permissions are very well defined and relatively easy to adjust.  On a Mac, keep in mind the Mac operating system is based on Linux.  There are essentially two levels of permissions instead of one, and they are not easily adjustable.  In short, we're probably looking at a pretty complex issue here.  It could be something else, but most likely it's permissions.

Reply