Just joined the webroot family

• 26 February 2014
  • 17 replies

Hi to all
I've just joined today. A (hopefully) young 68 year old willing to learn from you guys. Always used Webroot security and find it far and away the best and least intrusive of all anti viruses.
Best regards
Grahamk

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi grahamk

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Happy to have you on board with us...what took you so long? ;)

I am guessing from your time of posting that you may reside on the eastern side of the Pond (which is where I hail from...as do a number of others in this Community)?

You have certainly come to the right place if you are looking to learn, but also to offer advice to others re. what you know (and no one is every too young to learn), and to have fun.

Suggest that if you have not already you have a wander around the site, check out the Community Team & the VIP Program (links on main page), etc.,

And remember no question is to small or too insignifcant to be asked.

Regards

Baldrick
Thanks Bakdrick.
I hail from St Helens Lancs (anyone who says Merseyside can expect to be banned!)
Appreciate yr message and hope to pick your collective brains sometime.
Cheers
Gra.
Userlevel 7
Welcome! 

Plenty of Liverpool fans here in Webroot..... I`ll grab my coat!!! :D
Userlevel 7
Hello grahamk, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Get them to watch a proper game - come along to Langtree Park guys and gals  and see real men playing rugby league at it's finest!
Cheers all
G

Userlevel 7
Hi Gra

You are most welcome. :D

St Helens, you say...never been there but rather been past it many times on the M6.  Well known for the great Rugby League side.  Well, we have all been warned about tarnishing St Helen's good name by referring to it as 'Merseyside'...;)

In terms of 'brain picking'...what can I say but pick away...there will be many willing and helpful members beating a path to your door to help...but don't be shy in doing the same if you feel that you can offer help to other member, however limited you may feel that this might be...that is 'wat we eez about'...to use the colloquial...the greatest team  on the web.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I just joined too...I've been using WebrootAnywhere Security for about 3 months now and introduced others to this awesome Antivirus and Web security. To make a long story longer I just would like to give credit to the Webroot Tech support who gave me the best online and phone support I've ever had in 25 years of protecting my home computers. Hours of help just to get Webroot to work on my IMac. I'd been so shook up over security issues with my iMac and needed something to protect it. Webroot took over remotely a few times and resolved my issues...hopefully.. And to discover iMacs and iPads were vulnerable to ssl attacks? Really? I've been a Microsoft Windows geek forever. I've got 2 laptops running windows and 2 desktops not to mention an iMac and IPad. I'm a hoarder huh? Just alone in my world trying to protect what I got and it's great to meet people who believe in their work and programs. Yadyadda for you guys...I'll be back. Thanks again Webroot!
Userlevel 7
Hi Sherjj

Welcome to you too to the Community Forums...:D

Many thanks for sharing your experiences here.  The forums are frequented by many of the Webroot Support Team and I am sure that they will be pleased to get the feedback from you.

Do stick around or drop in when you can, as this is a great place to hang out...lots to learn and to pass on information-wise, fun to be had, and a chance to make new friends.

Hope to see ypu around here in the future.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the kind words - I've passed them along to the support team!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
So much to learn and read and a lot of catching up to do!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello grahamk & Sherjj and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

It's always great to meet new users of WSA! :D

Cheers,

Daniel ;)

hii sir I am rohan kulkarni i just joined the webroot community please guide me to get a ample amount of experience,
Hi
Welcome from another newbie.
Thought I was bad enough with hp laptop, Fuji laptop, samsung smartphone, generic Chinese ditto, samsung tab2, generic Chinese tablet and anything else I can find at the back of the cupboard!!
Cheers from a completely non savvy technofan, my only regret is being born about 30 years too early, just love all this technology but stumble to understand some of the technospeak.
G.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great another newbie, we can all learn together...you'll enjoy what this community shares and really keeps us informed. Welcome!,,
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You will like it here.  I also come here daily to read and learn.  Best community and forum out there.  I periodically interact with the leaders, mostly to give Kudos.  I am only a typical home user and can truely say they have never made me feel "little" or unimportant.  The community leaders have made security very interesting to me and thus it has became my "cyber passion".  Watching them help and solve the community's problems is a learning experience.  Welcome !
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Wow Ditto to that. Learning to type and express myself isn't easy. Loved your comment BlazeTen. I'm also watching daily, ha hourly to see what's going on. Great input!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello rohan and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers,

Daniel ;)