Solved

Key code

• 22 August 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge +4
I have 3 cpu's and 1 laptop, I with winxp the other 3 are win7. The subscripetion on the xp has 354 days left and the other 3 it says expired.
When I try to excess the webroot password management it says I need a new Key code, I have sent a ticket to supportand they gave me a Key code, it says already registered.
Please help; Frustrated :manfrustrated:
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 22 August 2014, 18:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have 3 cpu's and 1 laptop, I with winxp the other 3 are win7. The subscripetion on the xp has 354 days left and the other 3 it says expired.
When I try to excess the webroot password management it says I need a new Key code, I have sent a ticket to supportand they gave me a Key code, it says already registered.
Please help; Frustrated :manfrustrated:
Welcome to the Community Forum memyselfand!

Sorry you are having problems...Can I ask you if you have read this here and have you seen this Video And may I suggest this also..

Each profile is actually tied to a specific key code.  As a Console can support multiple active key codes, each specific user is tied to a key code, in your case the expired one.

For example:

If you log into the Console,
Click your Email address at the upper right corner
Select Manage Users
Click the Edit link of the profile you want to check
Click the Access & Permissions tab

At the bottom, you will note which exact key code that User is tied to, as well as if it has access to Passwords.

You did the exact correct action already, filing that Trouble Ticket.  Usually Support is able to re-associate the profile to the new key code with no data loss
If you've already contacted the Support Team maybe @  can look at this on the backside or esculate this problem further?

Lets see if any other of the Forum Kurus can assit here too.

We will get this issue sorted for you!

Thanks!
Badge +4
Hi Sherry, I thk u for answering and I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong, I did get my subscritions back on two of my cpu's but I still can not get into my paaword management. I did send another ticket to support and waiting on answer.
THK U SO MUCH.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi Sherry, I thk u for answering and I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong, I did get my subscritions back on two of my cpu's but I still can not get into my paaword management. I did send another ticket to support and waiting on answer.
THK U SO MUCH.
Hi memyselfandi,

I'm so sorry you are having problems with password management! :(But Technical Support usually they are pretty quick to respond.. Maybe one of our kurus can assist you further. Being as it a weekend it takes abit longer for support to reach you...

Your welcome and wish I could of helped you more. Hang in there and we will get this fixed for you!:D

Salute"
Badge +4
Hi sherry I got the key code fixed, I have 2 E-mail accounts and it was under the wrong E-mail and got it switched so I justed wanted u to know and I thank u so very much:catvery-happy:
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi sherry I got the key code fixed, I have 2 E-mail accounts and it was under the wrong E-mail and got it switched so I justed wanted u to know and I thank u so very much:catvery-happy:
Hello Hello memyselfandi!! Wonderful news and you are quite welcome!!

😃 Come back anytime just to join in because we have an awesome friendly group of Forum members here!

Have a Great Week memyselfandi!!
Need a new key code tried to load my copy on a newly purchased computer and it said invalid key code and I'm entering it right from the box ....

Userlevel 7
Hello there Trapperdan, welcome to the Community!

First, please make sure you are reading the key code correctly.  Very often there diffculties with reading certain pairs like the number 0 and capital letter O, a number 1 of a lower case l or a capital I for instance.

If you are certain that you have entered it correclty, and the key code is located on the OUTSIDE of the box, (Under what was a peel off sticket), please call 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD for assistance.  The Best Buy version is the only one that has the key code on the outside of the box, and only Best Buy can replace the key codes for that version.

They also can help verify the exact original key code as they do have it on file.

I hope this helps,