Solved

Last Pass

• 21 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Me and my wife share the same computer with 2 Microsoft accounts, different e-mails and such, my question is how do i set her up with LastPass word manager? We Webroot complete on both accounts, she wants to have a LastPass with her own logins so she can use to save her pass word that she uses! Can you help me out?

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 22 February 2020, 02:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Interesting question @Slittle75  Truthfully I don’t know because I’m using the Free version of LastPass and I’m the only one with the LastPass account. My wife doesn’t use any password managers, no need to for her. This would probably be a good question for Support. Hope they don’t give you the run around and tell you to go to LastPass Support. Maybe someone on the forum is using Webroot LastPass that can answer this question. @Ssherjj When ever you get the answer, please post it on the forum. I’d be interested in the solution. :relaxed:

Dave.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Yep iam using the Free Version Premium also, I was going to play around with it by creating a user or adding her as a user on  my console, where it says manage users. But iam goingto do like you sugested and get with support and see where it goes from there!  I will let ya know and keep you posted, Well you have a great weekend PTD, and thanks for the reply. 

Slittle75

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@Slittle75 Hello!

You can add your wife as a new user on the Online Account Console.

At the upper right, click your email address
Select Manage Users

With a 5 device/user license, you can not only protect 5 devices, but you can have up to 5 user profiles on that same key code.

IF you have only one user profile set up, click that Create New Users button!  Each user profile is, just like yours, a specific email address.  Create an additional user who needs a Password Manager profile.

For each user, once created, go over the permissions.  You can allow each user Console access, or block them from it.  For each one you will need to set the permissions for Passwords , but you can also allow them Backup&Sync access as well.  Each one should go into a different Backup&Sync folder at Webroot, so your users will not be able to access each others files OR passwords.

NOTE: Your backup allotment is for the entire group, not per user.  

Go over all of the settings/permissions for your wife as to what accesses you want her to have.

Here is information from LastPass https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/can-i-log-in-to-mulitple-lastpass-accounts-on-the-same-computer-lp070009

If this is confusing then it is best to have Webroot Support help you as @ProTruckDriver mentioned.

I hope this helps?

Thanks for the ping Dave!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Thank you so much Ssherjj, I sure do appreciate this, I think I can manage it, you guys and galls have been so helful i sure thank yall! And wiffey does too!! LOL Hey you have a great week end and thanks again! 

Slittle75

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

And oh yeah Thanks Dave iam going to call you “Super Dave”! LOL Thanks a lot man I appreciate it! 

Slittle75

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

You are certainly most welcome @Slittle75!

Thank you and you have a great weekend as well.:blush:

Userlevel 7

Thank you @Slittle75  for bringing this to our attention and for @Ssherjj with the great answer. Have a great weekend. :relaxed:

Super Dave! LOL.