malware

• 16 June 2013
  • 8 replies

hi, i have been running the trial of wra complete, i purchased the key code today and entered it, only to find that on the first scan my purchase pulled up a malware called w.32gen, the trial seemed to miss it but the purchased wra complete got it , is this just a glitch or have i bought a pup...??

8 replies

Userlevel 7
OFF-TOPIC

@ wrote:
@Amit wrote:
@ wrote:

EDIT: Just to let you know that the Trial will detect and remove malware but after the Trial runs out it will only detect and will not remove the malware until it's licensed.
Oh I didn't know that. So WSA works just like PrevX did in terms of trial and free app.
Not really Prevx Trial only detected and removed some adware but to remove infections it needed a license so a Trial of WSA gives you 15 Days of Detection and Removal and after 15 days you can continue to use it but it will only detect and not remove anything in a sense no protection unless licensed.

HTH,

Daniel
Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up Daniel.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Amit wrote:
@ wrote:

EDIT: Just to let you know that the Trial will detect and remove malware but after the Trial runs out it will only detect and will not remove the malware until it's licensed.
Oh I didn't know that. So WSA works just like PrevX did in terms of trial and free app.
Not really Prevx Trial only detected and removed some adware but to remove infections it needed a license so a Trial of WSA gives you 15 Days of Detection and Removal and after 15 days you can continue to use it but it will only detect and not remove anything in a sense no protection unless licensed.

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also to add what Amit has said you can Right Click on the Tray Icon and Click on Save a Scan Log and it will be shown somewhere at the bottom of the log.

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello, the malware was detected on our grandsons HP notebook, when i looked closely at the report of malware, i seen that it was found at 10:45 in the morning , i had loaded the free trial on his notebook aswell is there any way of seeing if the bug is still in there as it is saying last seen  15/6/2013 at 10:45.???
If the malware was detected by WSA and removed, it was quarantined by WSA in case you wanted to review the malware later. You can find it by opening WSA main interface / PC Security / Quarantine / View Quarantine.
Hello, the malware was detected on our grandsons HP notebook, when i looked closely at the report of malware, i seen that it was found at 10:45 in the morning , i had loaded the free trial on his notebook aswell is there any way of seeing if the bug is still in there as it is saying last seen  15/6/2013 at 10:45.???
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Mac and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. ;)

What could of happened is when using the Trial it detected an unknown file or files and is sent to the Cloud and in time it was determined bad so in case it removed the infection but to make sure you are fully clean please Submit a Support Ticket and they can gather your scan logs to make sure you are malware free.

HTH,

TH

Hat tip to David! ;)

Userlevel 7
Hello Mac!

In my experiences, the trial version is exactly like the paid version in terms of detection ability.  I am not quite sure how to explain why the paid version found the bug but the trial didnt, other than quite possibly it found a newly discovered variant of the bug.  As soon as a new variant of a bug is identified, the Cloud is updated and protects all users instantly.  This would explain what happened in your situation.