McAfee tells me my firewall is turned off and Web root say all okay help

• 15 December 2014
  • 1 reply

recently purchasednew computer, came with McAfee, I am not using McAfee, Web root is the direction I choose. now McAfee keeps popping up saying my network firewall is turned off, when I check web root, it says all is fine.  What should I do?
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me, I am a non techie.
Rebecca

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Rebecca52904,

Welcome to the Community,

Uninstall your McAfee home user products using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel:

Windows 8 Users
  1. Close all McAfee program windows.
  2. In the Start screen, type Programs and Features. (If it is not visible, click Settings in the list on the right.)
  3. Click Programs and Features in the list on the left.
  4. Select McAfee SecurityCenter.
  5. Click Uninstall and follow any on-screen prompts.
To make sure Windows Firewall is on
1 Logon to Windows 8 computer with administrative credentials.
2 Click on Start button and from the options available on the screen click on Control Panel.
3 On the opened window click on More Settings option from the bottom of the list in the left pane.
4 On the appeared window click on Windows Firewall.
5 On Help protects your computer with Windows Firewall Window click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off link that is available in the left pane.
6 On the opened window click on Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) radio buttons under both Home or work (private) network location settings and Public network location settings sections to turn the firewall off.
7 To save the changes that you have made click on Ok button.

Running the Windows Firewall alongside our program is recommended and sufficient because the Windows firewall is effective against hostile inbound connections, whereas SecureAnywhere provides effective outbound protection.

Also here is the User Guide and Here

If you are still having problems you can always issue a Support Ticket free of charge.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,