Solved

$McRebootA5E6DEAA56$.lnk

• 4 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

This file was noted in my CCleaner start-up. It can be disabled not deleted. Explorer search doesn’t find it and I’m not seeing that Webroot is finding it. Any help appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 4 June 2022, 14:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @mikeycpa Welcome to the Webroot Community forum.

This sounds like you may have had McAfee installed on your computer. See here: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mcreboota5e6deaa56-lnk.900340/

You also can contact Webroot Support for any help on this:

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 2

Thank you for the info. I submitted a ticket. I’ve never used McAfee only Webroot on my computer. 

Userlevel 2

Will I ever get support for this? What can i do now?

Userlevel 7

Will I ever get support for this? What can i do now?

Let me ping our Community Manager @TylerM for some help on this.

Do not know what happened. I was trying to get through the 2FA when that blew up, after carbonite back up of all files had completed on This PC ( oops MS does not allow that ) but none the less carbonite quit working.  Also could not sign in to my online account. I do not rely on backups that much ...they never seem to work when you most need them most, but not being able to install webroot on my other devices is a waste worlds most shrinking resource (US dollars).🤢