Solved

Message displays every time I log onto my computer

• 5 April 2021
  • 5 replies

For the past week, every time I log onto my computer, a message is displayed from Webroot asking if I want to allow it to make changes to my computer. It doesn’t appear that anything is being changed--just the annoying message is displaying. How can I get this to stop?

icon

Best answer by dstokes1 14 April 2021, 22:50

View original

5 replies

Wish I could help, bwarter, but it all sort of happened like magic. I checked the details in the message that displayed when I opened my computer and saw that the Webroot certificate was out of date. I was trying to figure out how to update it myself when Microsoft did an automatic update and the next time I logged on, no message from Webroot. Good luck with your problem!

How do you update the certificate? In the console, my user name references an incorrect key code and I need that updated too. I can’t even log into backup with my valid username (email) and PW and think it’s because the wrong key code is referenced. I see no way to change/update it in the console and it won’t let you edit or add that email again

Hi, everyone. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I discovered what was causing this problem--the certificate of my version of Webroot was not up to date. All is good now. Thank you all!

Hi @janchandler … I need some more information from you, so will PM you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @janchandler ,

I’m going to ping one of our product experts to see if he has any advice for you! 

@dstokes1 - Any ideas?