my webroot onine PW mgr. task bar disappeared when I up graded to Windows 10 Why?

• 27 January 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi my name is Ray and I have just upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1. I usually use Yahoo as my browser/ homepage when online. I had setup the webroot task bar which included the password manager, but after the upgrade it disappeared and I can't seem to get it back. Does anyone know why?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Windows 10 uses a new browser they designed called Edge. This replaces Internet Explorer. One thing that Edge doesn't support yet is browser extensions. If you want to continue to use the password manager extension between now and when Microsoft makes their browser capable of handling them, we recommend you switch to either Firefox or Chrome as your browser of choice. Sorry about that, but unfortunately it's in Microsoft's hands right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
You can find the old Internet explorer under the Accessories menu... the one you see on the task bar is as said by Nic Edge and not explorer and Edge does not support extentions yet... I find it also easier to use Chrome.