Solved

Myloginhelper scam

Badge +2

Myloginhelper was installed and it’s a scam, apparently, and I can’t find it on my system to uninstall it! If you know exactly how to uninstall this particular item, please let me know. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 17 January 2020, 03:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @sgpayne99 and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

If you have a subscription of WSA it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you remove it and make sure your system is secured free of charge with an active subscription.

Thanks,

Badge +2

Thanks. I’ll try that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Please let us know the outcome from Support!

Thanks,

Badge +2

The logs are available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Can you explain?

Badge +2

The instructions said “7. Once logs have been submitted, please update the ticket to reflect this action.” So that’s what I did. I submitted the logs. Did I miss something? I’m not that great at technical stuff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

The instructions said “7. Once logs have been submitted, please update the ticket to reflect this action.” So that’s what I did. I submitted the logs. Did I miss something? I’m not that great at technical stuff.

So they asked you to use wsalogs.exe to upload logs to them and everything worked well for you with that? If so that’s good! :wink:

Thanks,

Badge +2

Yeah, but I’m still getting pop-ups or whatever from Myloginhelper, which is very annoying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Just wait for a reply back from support as they are the only ones that can see your logs and can help remove this little bugger from your system.

Badge +2

I restored my settings to their original defaults. If that didn’t work, I’m done.