Need help to fix cookies may contain private information.

• 25 March 2016
  • 6 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
Hello,
Just joined the community.  I am hoping you can help me with two problems that have occurred after running the analyzer.  The first one is how to fix  "my cookies may contain private information".  I have deleted all cookies in the web browser but analyzer keeps giving me the same message.  The second problem is a message that "an active process has a possible handle leak- runtimebroker.exe.     I don't know how to fix this either.

JAK

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I wouldn't worry about what SA has to say it's just a baseline tool and there's nothing you can do about memory leaks as mine keeps saying firefox.exe has a memory leak again nothing you can do.

Please have a look here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie-KB/Memory-Leaks/ta-p/44520

Edited:
For the result regarding personal information in cookies, I would suggest you clear your browser cache/History.  That will also help your browser work more efficiently.

Thank you for your quick response.  I can relax a little better now.  I did clear my cache and restarted the computer and the message was still there when I ran the analyzer again.  I will compare my settings on both of my computers and see if I have something checked or unchecked that makes a difference on just the one computer.   I really appreciate your help with both questions.

JAK
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Jak,

Some of us here use CCleaner by piriform.com and thIs does a good job cleaning up history and cookies. But always make a system restore point though.

And you are so welcome. Do let us know your findings!

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
HI JAK

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Sherry has posted...What version of WSA do your run?  If the Complete version or the Antivirus for Gamers then you can also use the System Optimizer feature which also does a decent job at clearing detritus from ones system, and is less aggressive than CCleaner can be if configured incorrectly.

Regards. Baldrick
Baldrick,
I do not have the complete or antivirus for gamers, so I will try the Ccleaner. I have used it in the past. Thanks for you help.
JAK
Userlevel 7
Hi JAK

Hope that you are well?

MAny thanks for the response. CCleaner will sort you out I am sure...one just needs to make sure that one does not set the removal settings to aggressively, and as I always say, before you run it always make sure that you have a System Restore Point Created, at the very least, or better still, a full image of your disk...just in case. ;)

Regards, Baldrick