Need help uninstalling suspected malware from Mindspark

• 25 January 2014
  • 2 replies

I inadvertently started to install a Mindspark.com program called FromDoctoPDF. When I noticed it was about to change my home page and search engine I stopped the install. Now I can't uninstall it from Control Panel. It's looking for a file on my computer names 65Bar.dll and it doesn't exist. Mindspark recommended installing another of their programs and using Control Panel to remove - now I have two of their programs on my compuer. The readable text in the non-removable files say in part - Do not remove and I am also not able to remove them by select and delete.

Webroot tech support says they don't find anything wrong on my computer, but I really want to get rid of these files. Would appreciate any help... Sorry if this is too long... first time on a forum board.

Al

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Al_Davis and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

So you contacted support and they couldn't find anything wrong? Well I would reply and say there is something wrong and please fix it did they send you a log gathering Tool? It's called PUA's please see here for more info: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/40744#.UuMwgbQo6M8

Please let me know that you contacted support via the ticket system with the link I posted above?

Thanks,

TH
Thanks TripleHex. Got this too late this evening to try, but it definitely looks helpful. I'll work on it tomorrow.