Solved

New and kinda lost

• 27 November 2013
  • 5 replies

Hey everyone I'm janelle. I just purchased a new iPad air for my son for Xmas and I'm setting it all up for him to just unwrap and play. I also purchased the bundle pack with the geek squad that came with this webroot secure/ anywhere disk that I ca use to protect up to 3 devices. I'm on the iPad now I followed all instructions and I'm really just lost on what exactly this is. Do I use this instead of safari? I tried to use that browser and it's said I couldn't get into Victoria secrets causes there was no server found. Not sure why cause I'm connected just fine. What is the point of this, what's wrong with safari that I'd need this? Safaris working...this is not
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 1 December 2013, 17:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Bellajmm

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Webroot SecureAnywhere is a security solution for keeping your device safe from malware (nasties, etc.).  It does not replace Safari but rather complements it in terms of providing the user with browsing protection.  Can you advise as to exactly what product from the bundle pack you ahve installed, etc.

Regards

Baldrick
What I have is a new iPad air I got the bundle package with geek squad protection and tech services. Covers up to 3 devices. Along with it came with this cd web root secure anywhere . I followed the link for the iPad and got this far but when I try to use the app to go to let's say Facebook or even toysrus website it's saying server not found so I'm just using safari .
Should I just delete or deactivate this on this iPad and use it for my pc's cuz I'm not sure what exactly I'm calling the geek squad tomorrow to see what this is exactly cuz it's not making since to me...it's not working
Userlevel 7
Hello Bellajmm and welcome to the Webroot Community!

The Secure Web Browser for you iPad should be working, so i am guessing you may have a configuration error.  Please forgive me if I am not correct: I am NOT a user or owner of any Apple devices at this time and am still learning the configurations of WSA products for them.

I DO know that the Android downloads require a little bit of configuration on your Online Account Console, and reading the install directions for the Best Buy version of the iOS app it would appear that the same may be required as well.

If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. The key code listed should exactly match the key code for your Best Buy WSA-Internet Security on your PC's.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes. 
Userlevel 7
As a side note: If you plan to call Geek Squad for help on this issue, you might have an easier time today.  Tomorrow is "Green Monday", the big online sales day, and that often means more people calling in.  They are available 24/7 including Sundays 🙂